Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Haha, sounded like those fish were already fried? Couldn't resist, sorry.... But...that is correct, it reads the correct speed on the analog and digital speedo as well as reading the correct speed when PP is engaged, it just simply will not take over, which is continuing to lead to a problem at the computer...

Take a look at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262028729551...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just unplug the mastercraft harness and it should be plug and play with yours.

Unfortunately my DBW system is integrated into the computer so it doesn't have the module (actually, only 90% positive this is the case as I write this that there is no master module) but forgot to mention the very strange part where it will not even go with the PP engaged. With the p/w system you'd try and take off and it would rev up and then back down, then rev up and back down, which if you stuck at it long enough would get you up to speed. With the GPS system no matter how far forward you push the throttle it'll just idle you around...so maybe this is becoming a case of one step back and two steps forward.

Also tried the RPM mode and it kind of holds it? Hard to describe...but if you adjust the rpm's up or down it just stays at the original value so I doubt it's actually working.

Yeah, that is making me think the software is bugging out. Check around for that master module, mine is under the dash on the port side. It's possible that it is all integrated. I was looking at the pin-out on the MEFI 5 ECM (I want to add a check engine light and possibly overheat alarm), and it has pins for cruise control. I haven't looked to deeply into how it works though.

Yeah, I found the MDC http://www.marinesurplusinc.com/skie...-gauge-module/ holy shit did I luck out on this if it's actually plug and go rather than plug and hook up to a laptop to download software updates. Also it doesn't have the pins for cruise control, just a large 36 pin connector with a giant bundle of wires.

As for an overheat alarm take a look at the Rapid Response Overheat Alarm. I won't spoil it for you but I'll tell you it's a pretty sweet overheat alarm and fairly priced.

I'll check out the rapid response. Not sure if this is of any help, but here is the manual for the 2007/08 moombas and perfect pass DBW system :/

http://perfectpass.com/sites/all/the...a2007-2008.pdf

Any luck with the MDC box?

Actually haven't purchased it yet...it's getting pretty cold in Michigan so kinda forgot about that in favor of doing A LOT gel coat repairs. Bought the boat from a shoddy dealer 8 hours away and they tried to patch up a lot of towing nicks and scratches which has been very sanding intensive. Didn't see how many there were til it got the once over at home, ya know?. But I'll quit procrastinating and purchase one to see what happens.