Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 89 Saltare wont start

Hey guys I have an 89 saltare with the 454. I pulled the boat out to get ready for the season and the boat wont start. I winterized the boat last year. My main concern at this point is that when i turn the key to the accessory position (first position) my injectors are spraying fuel for as long as the key is turned but when i turn to the start position the motor doesnt try to turn over i just get a weird whine? not a big engine guy but what would cause the injectors to be spraying fuel when the key is in accessory position?

Did they put fuel injection on an 89?

You check your throttle or throttle cable? Or the carb directly?

Explain your start and correction procedures better to allow us to analyze it better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by supracalifragilistic View Post
    Hey guys I have an 89 saltare with the 454. I pulled the boat out to get ready for the season and the boat wont start. I winterized the boat last year. My main concern at this point is that when i turn the key to the accessory position (first position) my injectors are spraying fuel for as long as the key is turned but when i turn to the start position the motor doesnt try to turn over i just get a weird whine? not a big engine guy but what would cause the injectors to be spraying fuel when the key is in accessory position?

IMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpgIMG_0818.jpg

what do you mean by start and correction procedures?

Is it choking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you mean by that? its not turning over at all

The starter is not turning the engine or the engine is not trying to start?

When you turn the key you should get the starter motor turning. It sounds like your not getting that first part so it can't start. Fuel pump might be what is whining if it's electric. Can you give the starter motor a firm tap to see if it starts to turn when u turn the key.

gave the starter a good firm tap and still getting nothing Also still dont understand why when i turn the key one time to turn the radio on its feeding gas to the engine? It should only be doing that when i fully turn the key right? Is there anyway to post video to show you guys what im talking about?