Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

You'll find one, just have to be patient. I am terrible at doing just that and probably would have bought that blue and would be kicking myself now for doing that. I took a deep breath and waited 24 hours and had I not I would not of found that the green one that I landed on. Its hard to do but keep your eye's peeled and the right one will show up somewhere. I was literally searching every end of craigslist, onlyinboards, boat trader, etc. on a daily basis and then what do you know, one popped up. You'll find it.

The one you were looking at was in Buffalo, MN area? He said the floor was replaced, but nothing done with the stringers. He was a fast talker that is for sure. It did sell. not sure for how much.

The one I was looking at was in Plymouth MN. Looks like ad is down so he must of sold it.

Well wanted to throw out a quick update on my boat. I have been doing a lot of work on the boat new flex plate, new prop, wet sanding, polishing and some new decals. Boat is starting to come together. Interior will get done this fall and she should be good to go until the stringer resto in a couple years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

Dues you swim platform sit that high out of the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks about normal to me? Mine is just touching the water with a full tank. As it gets toward empty it'll be sitting a bit above.

Just checking...
    My Sunsport sits lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine sits about 1" - 1 1/2" above the water. Looks like she's sitting alittle heavy.
    86 Saltare

My swim platform brackets are a little bent so it sits lower in the water then it should, that's another item on the checklist. That's also with a full tank and locker full.
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

Quote Originally Posted by dbruesehoff View Post
    My swim platform brackets are a little bent so it sits lower in the water then it should, that's another item on the checklist. That's also with a full tank and locker full.
    Best way to get an idea is in the off season remove the rear seat, locker and gas tank. Take up the floor under the tank and you will see what you are in for. Plus if you want to change the swim deck brackets you have to get under there anyway. Also go to a stone quarry and weigh the thing. Supposed to be 3450 dry. Mine weight in at 4600 before i did the stringers.
    Good luck.
    86 Saltare