Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
When you overheat on the water and shut down the engine it will create a vacuum in the exhaust and suck the water into the exhaust manifolds and through the open exhaust valves into the cylinders. First find out what caused the overheat . The head gaskets may not be bad.
Michael I'm fairly sure a stuck thermostat and possibly an air leak in the raw water line caused the overheat. We didn't overheat on our way out for the day, but on our way back. All we did was ride out to a spot, anchor, and then ride back a few hours later. Thermostat pic attached for reference. I pulled and twisted on the crunchy grungy thermostat before putting it in a pot of hot water, because I'm fidgety I guess and couldn't leave well enough alone. The thermostat operated correctly (began opening about 145*) in the pot, but who is to say it would have before i messed with it. The impeller and raw water pump are in good shape.The hose ends on the raw water pump inlet and trans cooler inlet were in rough shape so I cut them off clean and got a much better seal. I didn't realize how bad they were. I will do a compression check tonight after work with fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk