Default 1989 Supra TS6M Comp - Parts Needed

I have a couple of parts related questions for my recently rebuilt 89 Supra Comp.

1. Does anyone still make the molded (plastic) foot well that goes on the driver side?
    2. I have a head lift problem going from the bilge to the thru-hull port on the starboard side. My current pump is an automatic 500gpm ATTWOOD. It will get the water just over 3/4 of the way up the hose but just doesn't seem to have enough pressure to get it overboard. My plan is to replace this with a 2000 GPM Rule pump. Will this potentially fix the problem?
    3. Can I still get the plastic trim pieces for the wind shield? I was told all the marine wind shield manufacturers are now owned by one company so finding any replacement trim pieces or seals would not be possible?

1. Most likely not. Although I can imagine someone with a big enough 3d printer could make one
    2. Sounds like there is an issue with the pump or there is not enough water. My cheap amazon pump has no problem moving water through 10' of hose and over 2.5' of rise.
    3. Windshield pieces are generally hard to find after the production of that model stops. What plastic pieces are you looking for?

The engine was rebuilt and I found that no water was moving through when I fired up the motor. I am going to go ahead and replace the impeller (again). Is there a good way to verify that the impeller pump and impeller are mounted in the correct orientation?

If we are talking raw water pumps, then most will work in either direction, just need to have the hoses in the correct orientation. Looking at a previous pic you posted, the pump will turn clockwise, so the intake hose will go in the inlet that is the furthest from the outlet rotationally. My raw water pump is U shaped, so the inlet will be the right side of the U and the outlet will be the left side.

Also on 1st assembly or a really long lay up, I will take the hose off of the manifold on top of the intake and put water in everything I can. This can help prime the pump and reduce the chance of trapped air.
    Last edited by h2o-ski; 06-19-2024 at 11:53 AM.