Hybrid View

Default Tightening Roswell swivell board racks

Is there a way to tighten the Roswell swivel racks?

In what way do you need to tighten them?

The racks with the push button have a big screw in the bottom you can take out and screw in to secure the racks if they break or during travel...

The hinge originally had tension to keep the rack from moving when locked in one of the three positions without having to secure them with the bolt. Now they have some play. I am trying to see if the tension on the hinge controlled by the push button can be adjusted or if I have to live with the "slop".

Roswell has an upgrade this year that is a lot more positive.It's a staight pin from the top,only took 4-5 day's to get after contacting them.They are very good to deal with

How much did thos set you back Brian?
    dapjeff - mine have had play in them from day one. I'll be interested to hear if there is some way to adjust that.
    Anyone checked out the titans that come on the 09's. Much better function and looks IMO.

Thanks for the replys.

Brian, does the pin retrofit the existing rack or is it a new rack?

Scott, My dealer is pricing the Titans and checking availability for existing Supra owners.

My understanding is there are minor differences between the Roswell's and Titan's thread pattern on the mounting plate. This will require the existing block on the tower to be re tapped with the Titan thread pattern.