Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default supra launch vs. santera

what is the difference in the supra launch 22ssv and the 1999 supra santera? i am looking for a new boat and was thinking about the 2002 supra launch ssv but then i saw a 1999 santera. i really want a big wake for wakeboarding and wakesurfing. what is the difference in these boats? and how do both of these compare to tige and air nautique and malibu wakesetter from years 2000-2004

This archive might help some:
    http://www.supraboats.com/archive/

If you want a dedicated wakeboat, the Launch models will serve you better than a 99 Santera. The launch will have a factory tower, a santera will probably not.

More importantly, the launch will have a taller freeboard than the Santera. "Freeboard" is a term meaning the height of the sides of the boat. The more freeboard you have, the more ballast weight you can bring onboard to increase wake size.

There are some direct-drive Launchs' out there however. I think you can safely say that a v-drive is more desirable than a DD for wakeboarding. Generally speaking of course
    Last edited by DKJBama92Mariah; 06-12-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Derek is right on. Launch will give you monster wake and wave you are looking for. (EDIT - Sorry I was talking without looking first. Looks like a great model and identical to Launch.)
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 06-15-2009 at 11:18 AM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Launch wake is very thick. The 2000 and one around that are what got me to buy a Supra Super SaltAIR.

are those 22ssv good solid boats?? i was looking and comparing them to air nautique, tige, and centrion boats. but i like the way supra looks out of all of them. it kind of seems crammed inside the boat with the wrap around style seating. anyone who has been in one is that true?

My friend has one with over 2500 hours on it, yes 2500. Still going strong. Original motor etc. Only thing he had to replace was vinyl. 2000 Launch vdrive.

I'd like to say I had 2500 hours on the water in my boat.....
    90 Conbrio

I agree. He actually bought it from a Wakeboard school. So it had many hours on it when he got it.

I have a '99 Santera. The hull is identical to the Launch 22SSV. The main differences are the addition of ballast and tower to the SSV. Also, the fuel tank in the Santera is in the front, so there is no under floor ski locker. That was changed for the SSV as well. The fuel tank was moved rearward, and a ski locker was added.

The comment about more freeboard on a Launch as well as the comment about the Santera not being able to be weighted as much are incorrect.

There may be some minor interior differences, but it is essentially the same boat.

Default we have the 2002 22ft SSV Launch

We bought a used 2002 22ft Launch V- Drive this past April the boat had about 700 hours on it, because it came from a wakeboarding school. The boat is ABSOLUTELY fabulous and has so much room. The wrap around seating and the sundeck gives you so much room. Also the playpen area at the front of the boat can fit 3 people or 2 if chilling / laying down etc. We have had 9 people , ton of great, cooler, etc and still had a lot of room.
    The wake it makes for wakeboarding and wakesurfing is awesome!!!

We are very pleased we bought this boat........