Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cable Length

i ordered mine at genuinedealz.com
    http://shop.genuinedealz.com/Marine%...ttery%20Cable/

i got 0 gauge and had them add battery terminals on the ends. it's marine grade, mechanical crimp, heat shrinked...really nice.

they kinda make the battery look a little wimpy in comparison. turns over like a dream now.

Thanks everyone. I like saltys link. I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    i ordered mine at genuinedealz.com
    http://shop.genuinedealz.com/Marine%...ttery%20Cable/

i got 0 gauge and had them add battery terminals on the ends. it's marine grade, mechanical crimp, heat shrinked...really nice.

they kinda make the battery look a little wimpy in comparison. turns over like a dream now.
    Salty

Do you know what length of cable you used. Also what size connectors did you put on the cables. I want to replace mine but the boat is 2.5 hours away. I think mine is a little shorter than yours but it should be close.
    Last edited by chautauquasun; 08-04-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    1984 Supra Rider

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Salty

Do you know what length of cable you used. Also what size connectors did you put on the cables. I want to replace mine but the boat is 2.5 hours away. I think mine is a little shorter than yours but it should be close.
    i just happened to stumble across my receipt last night....i had them made a little long on purpose. i cut a hole in the base of the wall behind the spotter's seat and slide the batteries up under the dash out of the way.

i got 8' of black and 12' of red...both 1/0
    i got 1/2" crimps on the ends but 3/8" would work better, maybe even 1/4" not sure
    terminal elbows to attach to the battery (no more wing nuts)
    heat shrink tubing

i had a new cable made for the alternator to battery connection too....9' which was plenty long

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    i just happened to stumble across my receipt last night....i had them made a little long on purpose. i cut a hole in the base of the wall behind the spotter's seat and slide the batteries up under the dash out of the way.

i got 8' of black and 12' of red...both 1/0
    i got 1/2" crimps on the ends but 3/8" would work better, maybe even 1/4" not sure
    terminal elbows to attach to the battery (no more wing nuts)
    heat shrink tubing

i had a new cable made for the alternator to battery connection too....9' which was plenty long
    When you say alternator to battery at 9 feet...not sure what that is. I dont have it in front of me but I thought the positive cable went from the battery directly to the starter.
    sorry for my ignorance.

Do you think 9 feet of black and red would work?
    1984 Supra Rider

i got 3 cables....battery to block (ground), battery to starter (hot), and alternator to battery (charging). i upgraded my alternator a few years ago so i figured i should upgrade the cable too.

9' for the battery to starter should work but might be cutting it close. my cables go toward the bow a little to go thru the hole in the floor.