Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nope, no ballast...just about 5 people and the boat weight. It was a SANTE 230.

Yeah, I'm going to have him start working on 180's. We may actually start him with getting up switch, then learn to surface 180, then ollie 180, then half cabs then 1-wake 180's and finaqlly 2-wake 180's. He seems like he wants to learn those and I'm sure he can get them down.

That is pretty much the way I learned, start trying to get up fakie. The way I teach it now is to have them get up regular, then slow boat way down and have them surface180. Practice this just outside the regular toeside wake.

Once you are riding fakie the tendancy is to want to bend at the waist and let your arm out straight. You have to correct the body form which usually means try to stand up straight and pull the handle into your hips.

Once they can ride straight for a bit it is a quick transition to slowly edge heelside at the wake, pop, let go with your front hand and ride away regular.
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 08-05-2009 at 11:42 AM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Well this last weekend was pretty good. My wife was away with some girlfriends. One of our friends brought her two boys with me and my two boys. She isn't anywhere near the co-captain my wife is...made it much more work. But, it was a good time. She got up on her slalom ski, her boys wakeboarded, she got up on the wakeboard, and my boys had a couple good runs. They left early so I had some Daddy and the boys time. I have to say it was a really good day, from that standpoint. My oldest played around with going switch with me going slow and he is getting it. He seems to be able to go switch and regular and carve around a bit. He's going to work on it more this weekend and hopefully we can get some good pictures or video. I'm planning to do some doubles riding this weekend too, with he and I.

okie we need to meet up sometime.
    There used to be two old school supra's running around the city but I have only seen one this summer at eufaula.
    1987 pirata with a 454

Where are you located?

I'm in edmond (just north of okc). My normal lake is arcadia but go out to eufaula and keystone regularly.
    1987 pirata with a 454

Cool. I live up around Tulsa and typically go to Skiatook. We'll be moving to the OKC area and will probably end up in North Edmond, so Arcadia may be in the mix for next year.

Next time you're thinking of Keystone, why don't you drive a little further and come to Skiatook. We can meet up and I can point out a few good spots to go for boarding.

North edmond? Like the waterloo rd area?
    My mom has 10 acres north of waterloo and I live in downtown edmond and looking for property out near my moms.
    We're prob done with keystone for the year. May go out of town for labor day but not sure where or anything yet.
    1987 pirata with a 454

Yeah, around that area where we can get on a couple acres or so and have a shop, etc. If you decide to come up this way for Labor Day, let me know. We have some friends coming out with us on Saturday and Monday and we're doing a big BBQ on Sunday.

Well, what a great Saturday. We went out with some friends and had a great day. The temp was in the mid 80's, wind stayed less than 10 mph all day and the water was nice. There wasn't a whole lot of people out there so it was a good day. Our friend did some slalom, his son got up on the wakeboard and is learning to stay up, and we did some doubles riding. Here's some pics.