Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I Wish I had never started this thread. Some people can never be satisfied. That is why I will not take on a new customer unless that person has been referred by a good outstanding current customer. Al

All I wanted to get was some good information from boat owners who love their Supra's. I have my ideas of why SUPRA is better than Master Craft, But I am requesting others. And YES, I do get to choose my customers. I do not have to advertise and the shop also has an unlisted phone number. We have a customer base of 146 full time returning customers where we take care of over 300 units. Units are, ski boats, cruisers, pontoon's and jet ski's. This is why I will go the extra effort to help satisfy my customers. Sure I can let my customer pick what ever looks good in a broceir, but If she is not happy with it, I will be the heel. Keep some good thoughts coming. Al

wow guys!

i will give you my opinion. i owned a 02 moomba outback and a 05 supra ssv 22 and yes now own a 07 mc x2. both skier's choice and mc make a great boat.

supra plus's. much better tower along with trailer. wish when i had mine it had a few things such as snap out carpet along with a drip in ice chest. overall had a great experience with my supra other than a few gel coat cracks and some hull blistering which were taken care of by both mr tinker and my dealer at the time.

mc plus's. thicker hull and much better vinyl and interior layout. love the drop in cooler to, such a simple idea. big weekness tower and trailer.

but for me it came down to dealer support. skier's choice has had a horrible time having a quality dealer in the state of oklahoma!!! that simple if they would have had a good dealer i would still own a supra and saved some $$.

okie boarer has been behind my ride

I own a mobile marine service and managment company. I was an engineer at another boat manufacturer other than Supra for 9 years before entering the Service oriented business. All of my customers are concidered friends. Like I said earlier, we are very selective on who we will take on as a customer. One we are extremely busy, give excellant service on a very timely basis. If we would take on every job available, we would not be able to accomplish as good of service to our main customer base. Just because a dealer is large does not mean they are good or have good service. We are very small and cator to a select few. I will be traveling to several boat shows this winter/spring to locate the perfect boat for this particular customer. Al

beast
    Are you going to the Indy boat show?

If a decision has not been made yet, yes we will be at the Indy boat show. We are definatly going to Miami, which is just before the Indy show. Al

Beast
    We are going to the Indy show also. Let me know when you are going Ill meet you there .

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Well, good luck in your search. Seems like the boat shows this year have been lacking so it may be wise to hit all the dealers. I had to travel 2 hours to look at all teh boats before buying mine. Internet research is worthless when looking for any of these wakeboats.
    Btw, what made you decide on Supra? This being my first boat, my decision came down to the dealer, but in the end, my selling dealer is awful. My new dealer -great. If I do it all over - I would buy a Supra again, from my new dealer. However, if I was in old location, I would get Malibu or Tige.

Mastercraft: Way too pricey. Bare bones 20.5' boat for $65K.
    Malibu: The dealer had sold their alotment of boats, in August. None to choose from.
    Nautique: Too pricey, dealer was too pushy and arrogant. They no longer sell the brand.
    Supra: Lots of features, custom trailer, wanted a 24' boat, price was right.
    Tige: Nice looking boats, decently priced, but something about them back then just didn't reel me in.

I bought the boat before it was even picked up from the factory. When it arrived at the dealer, I was already there to pick it up, still wrapped in shrinkwrap. I helped them assemble everything that day and then was on my way for the 3.5 hour drive home. I was kind of dissapointed that they didn't want to watertest it, but I was so anxious to get home and get ready for the next day I just trusted that it was good, when it wasn't. An elbow that gets water to the exhaust manifold on top of the engine was cracked and later broke. I didn't look too closely at how they were built. A former dealer showed us the 24SSV on the same day we went to all the other dealers and it just made sense for the price. That dealer doesn't sell Supra anymore, but the salesman was pretty knowledgeable. The problem is that they wanted $7,000 more for the standard 24SSV then we got our GG boat for. It was a no-brainer.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

John,

I still think you have one of the nicest rides on the water, I would take your 24SSV over just about anything on the water. My '08 had a couple issues, one was the ballast fill/drain system which I fixed myself and the other was the Roswell swivel racks which were replaced by Roswell and work great now. Other than those two items I do believe Supra builds a very nice, upper end boat that can easily compete with Mastercraft and Nautique. Personally, I would not hesitate for a second to buy another Supra, I wish I could afford a 2010 24 SSV with the progressive tower, those boats IMO are just plain sweet!

SC has definitely made some improvements from '07 to 2010 models, the fuel pump delivery system, ballast fill/drain, board racks, Supravision, snap out carpet, and progressive tower. SC is moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by Fman; 02-01-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV