Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What will the politicians think of next. So the guy drivin the snow plow come and shovel my driveway out
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

We have total respect for people on boats but some schmoe on the bank... Wind nor waves matter to them. It does to us.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

We are on a river, so glass and space are limited. They like to park boats near shore which makes them hard to see. We usually pick a stretch of shoreline and track it back and forth. We try to pick a spot that is not busy, but we need calm water, and they do not. As long as I am 100' away I am legal but they do not like us going back and forth. I don't see them flicking off the tubers, though. I flip 'em right back.

Gravity if they are throwing bottles at you, call 911. That is not legal and just like in a car, very dangerous. It could maybe get you taken to jail.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

I usually only get some dirty looks. Probably just from my music being cranked up.

I have never had much of an issue with fishermen other than some nasty looks...it’s the reckless wave runners that get me fired up!
    2006 Launch 21 V

Once on lake Owasso in MN, I had a fisherman call 911 and say that we were "being maniacs and getting very close to fishing boats, and having insanely loud exhaust". Which unless there was an invisible fishing boat on the smooth part of the lake, wasn't even close to true. There was actually almost no one on the lake, it was late September.

Right after we finished riding for the day, The local cops commandeered someones boat and made us come to shore. If I remember right there was a total of six cops. They wanted me to tear my floor up to show them my "straight piped exhaust" (gotta love the super traps). After showing them that it was pretty much impossible they gave up on that.

And after talking with them for about 20 minutes, they pretty much realized that whoever called was full of it. But they still decided to ticket me for not having the lights on (I wasn't required to have them on for another 30 minutes). I ended up having to pay the $81 ticket, because it was cheaper than missing a day of work to fight it.

Thanks random fisherman! You wasted my money, time, the time of SIX cops, and some poor old couples time and gas money from when the cops took their boat. All because you can't catch fish or stand to have ski boats on a skiing lake.

Next time I hope my wake tips and sinks your boat! Go to hell!

Same in PA, Beast. You are responsible for any damage from the wake. Many people at marina's around Pittsburgh scream about the wakes and damage while being on the rivers. They say the worst offenders are the law enforcement boats so who are you going to call to enforce it?

I try to go where no one else is. I guess you could record on video them doing the trash throwing and then call in the law. I would think you would need proof of them littering in order to have anything done. Seems like you know you can expect it anyway, so probably not hard to anticipate.

I had fishermen come up to me this weekend and ask how is it I could stand to be in the water without a wetsuit on to wakeboard. (45 deg water temp).
    Seemed out of respect/inquiry than hate/anger. I would tend to think it is in context of location and proximity.

If all you are doing is going back and forth past the same boat all day long, thowing as big a wake as you can (for surfing, etc), I am sure it would get someone upset.

Fortunately, I boat where there are options on windy days or in search of smoothness.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

My wife and I on a week day were boarding just off of the shore and my HUGE Supra 1000 lb wake back then was hitting this guys shore line.. so I looked up and hes running along the shore line cussing $%#*! I just laughed at him and kept going, in Tx you dont own the shoreline and you cant have a dock..so he was F%#ked! LMAO Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

its usually the peeps on shore who think they own the water in front of their place for some reason. I usually just smile and say thank you ,i'll be back tomorrow and that they aren't bothering me at all . the other bad ones are the Wally's on their 24 fot cabin cruisers and deep v's who pass thru no wake zones at 6-8 mph putting up huge wakes...i reserve my finger for them

oh and i'm glad i don't live in Pa or Indiana
    Last edited by docdrs; 04-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug