Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    It has....
    Wonders will never cease

The boat looks good. I like the nice new touches.

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    I was in Jims place last week picking up some parts and ordering more, his shop was packed with boats. Seems like a great guy but maybe just a little overwhelmed right now.
    Maybe he should hire someone to handle the shipping for the boating season. It would sure make it nice for the rest of us that cant drive down to his shop! My guidepole covers/rub rail took a month to get to me, one time he said it had been shipped, a week later I called for a tracking number and it never left his shop

Like I mentioned, very nice guy to deal with, but shipping stuff is definitely not his speciality....
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post

Like I mentioned, very nice guy to deal with, but shipping stuff is definitely not his speciality....
    I'd rather deal with the biggest jerk in the world if he knew how to ship and not lie about when things roll out. Because he kept me hanging on carpet, it's screwed my whole schedule up. This boat should've been gone a week ago when the carpet supposedly shipped. Now I can't find enough time to finish it because all the boats I scheduled after this one are coming in. Thanks Jim!
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    I'd rather deal with the biggest jerk in the world if he knew how to ship and not lie about when things roll out. Because he kept me hanging on carpet, it's screwed my whole schedule up. This boat should've been gone a week ago when the carpet supposedly shipped. Now I can't find enough time to finish it because all the boats I scheduled after this one are coming in. Thanks Jim!
    Take your time though John......I hope my boat is not in your way, but I am a patient person.

I may not be real popular for saying so, but sometimes things take longer than expected and you have to be patient. I do not think that Jim is a dis-honest person and believe that he truly wants to provide the best service that he can, but sometimes things happen that are beyond one's control.
    You may be thinking "yeah, that's easy for csuggs to say because he hasn't had to wait past the promise date on his boat yet . . ." That may be true, but I am also prepared to wait longer if necessary because I know the end result will be worth the wait. FYI - I've not always been a patient man, but am learning.
    Keep up the good work on your boats guys - and let's stay focussed on the positive
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

hate people are having trouble and not saying this is the case but I just ordered some vinyl straight from the mfg and they are telling me it will be atleast 4 weeks to get it. THe boating industry is getting almost impossible to get parts becasue of lack of production. So it maybe taken a long time for Jim to get some of the stuff. Hope everything gets better I will go down and talk to Jim on Friday and stress the concerns everyone is having

Quote Originally Posted by jasonba1 View Post
    hate people are having trouble and not saying this is the case but I just ordered some vinyl straight from the mfg and they are telling me it will be atleast 4 weeks to get it. THe boating industry is getting almost impossible to get parts becasue of lack of production. So it maybe taken a long time for Jim to get some of the stuff. Hope everything gets better I will go down and talk to Jim on Friday and stress the concerns everyone is having
    I wonder if it is the boating industry or skiers choice???? every time I try and get something for my boat it is a month long process. It is not rocket science, and not getting a part is one thing, Jim unfortunately has a hard time returning calls to keep people updated on whats going on. A little customer service with good communication can keep things moving in the positive direction. I have sent two emails and two phone calls over the past three days and have heard nothing back its making it difficult for me to recommend him to anyone.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    I may not be real popular for saying so, but sometimes things take longer than expected and you have to be patient. I do not think that Jim is a dis-honest person and believe that he truly wants to provide the best service that he can, but sometimes things happen that are beyond one's control.
    You may be thinking "yeah, that's easy for csuggs to say because he hasn't had to wait past the promise date on his boat yet . . ." That may be true, but I am also prepared to wait longer if necessary because I know the end result will be worth the wait. FYI - I've not always been a patient man, but am learning.
    Keep up the good work on your boats guys - and let's stay focussed on the positive
    Understand though, It is not a situation of being impatient. John has had my boat since February. I knew that it was going to take some time to get the install done, but honestly...........If I had done a better job of having stuff together BEFORE I took him the boat, he could have easily finished the job in less than 2 weeks.

The frustration that I have experienced with Jim at Viper is the communication. Let me know that the whole process will take a week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks.........Whatever the time frame, that is fine. However, don't tell me something is going to be shipped-out today and then ship it almost a week later. Jim had the 3yds of carpet that I needed probably a month before John received it. THAT is where the frustration lies. I realize that the carpet got lost with UPS, and he had to send out a 2nd shipment, but that doesn't cut down on the frustration of the situation.
    Last edited by jclevoy; 04-15-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV with 4 Exile XM-7s, 2-s400, 1-xi800, 1-xi1500 amps. Cabin speakers- 6 Exile XT65s, Sub - Exile Big12. 2 Stinger batteries, and a few other goodies

I understand . . . .
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com