Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Nice buy Dgreen. I was looking at this boat when it was for sale on craigslist. I have the same boat (different color) and I was trying to get some ideas on what to do on mine. I like that on the engine cover they got rid of the old teak door and put in clear glass w/tint. Nice touch.
    Last edited by 87sunsport454; 04-19-2010 at 03:00 PM.

I got a questions for ya, Where the Wooden trim use to be what did the previous owner do to remove the holes from all the screws? And is it painted? Im just asking because im actaully filling mine and was going to either cover it with hydroturf or paint the whole inside a brighter white

87SS454, It's amazing how many WA folks seem to be on this forum, I guess we just know a good boat when we see one huh? Ya, the previous owner was a great guy, i talked with him for a long time and visited the boat 3 times, once being an hour long test drive. He was super detailed and just loved the boat. It really shows. He wanted to move on to a V-drive and I'm glad he did, because I'm proud to be the next owner of this great boat. The Supra Glass is super cool, he kinda gave Dennis Parcels from Mini Max Marine a green light on the interior and he actually came up with that idea as well as a lot of the other interior details. I'm glad you already had a boat you love, or I may not have been able to buy it! Ur boat is sweet by the way!!

dshaff24, I you refering to the teak strips on the inside of the gunwalls, or the rails on top of the gunwalls? As for the interior ones, I'm not really sure, there are no existing holes on the lower section near the speakers, and the vinyl is all new, so the portion that once had the teak strip was completely removed. As for the top, I just completed the sanding and refinishing of all that teak and currently I'm replacing the 1 inch teak spacers with 1 inch brushed aluminum pieces, so I hope I answered your question, if not let me know.

Here's a few more pics, shows the tower laid down to put her to rest for a while and also the swim step all finished up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DGREEN View Post
    Here's a few more pics, shows the tower laid down to put her to rest for a while and also the swim step all finished up.
    I was talking about the wood trim that goes around the back top of the hull!

Your swim platform looks great, re teak? or stain?

what did you use for the teak

When I redid mine about 6 years ago I used a TEAK OIL on the wood. It turned out just like his swim deck, same color. You just have to sand all the little noocks and crainies, kind of a pain in the butt. Although worth it as you can see. As far as maintenace I just grab a rag and a little bit teak oil and run over the strips and the swim deck and it keeps it looking brand new every year.

I actually used a product called Teak Guard. I have numerous friends with boats nearly all of them as particular as me with their stuff(especially boats!) and none were satisfied with the constant upkeep of teak oil. It would always look sweet and then in a month or so start fading, so I did a ton of research on line and even Wake World and found out about Teak Guard, it has great reviews, and they guarantee it for a year without maintenance. It goes on just like oil and doesn't seal it like a varnish, which always ends up cracking, because of all the natural teak oil. So, we will see, so far i'm stoked on it...I'll keep you all updated in the months to come.

DGREEN I also did lots of wakeworld research for teak and tried the teak guard last spring. It works great and the shine is awesome, but it doesn't last a full season even in MN unfortunatly. Reapply once though midseason and you should be set. I really slathered it on

As for the prop I talked to ACME and JT at NettleProps.com and they taught me a couple things. To tell if you should use a 3-blade or 4-blade prop, look at the trans and the stock prop. You generally want a 3-blade if the trans is 1:1 and the stock prop is a xx by 13" diam (pitch doesnt matter for this excercise). If your trans is anything else like 1:1.25, etc, and your stock prop is diameter greater than 13", then you will gain benefit from the added blade surface area and blade rpms. If not, you may experience cavitation or other issues.

The recommended prop for most '86 - 88 SunSports with 1:1 trans and 13"diam is the ACME#913 10.5 x 13". It is a great prop for a heavily weighted boat. Your max speed is reduced to about 35mph @ 4200rpm on my boat unweighted. Surfing with 1500lbs and crew of 5 she rips out the hole and is up to speed 11mph in about 5 seconds. Highly recommended and Nettles service and prices are great. Here is a link.

http://www.nettleprops.com/store/p/2...e-80-Cup-.aspx
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 04-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey