Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

I kind of like your new idea. That would probably look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    I kind of like your new idea. That would probably look pretty good.
    Well It turned out I was going to remove the whole old rainbow stripe but I might keep the blue section of it, Then maybe add black to it

Anyway, Today I got a chance to put 12 hours into just the boat so I got a few things done

Removed the ugly stripe and buffed the left side! All I got to say is getting that stripe off and cleaning up the sticker residue was a Pain!

I actaully like the way this is looking after its been Buffed out! I still might remove the blue to but Im going to check out my options with new style decals then worry about it, If I keep it im going to add a black stripe to it and try and get a black outline around the rear swoosh

Im really happy with how the boat really cleaned up! What sucks is I couldn 't get to where the wheel well was to buff it, Anybody come up with a solution for that yet?

I also repainted everything on my motor to make it look like new again! This took some time since I had to remove a lot of parts and mask off a lot of things! All in all it looks like new to me and I got a chance to install the new High Tq starter and acc belts,

Here is a link to more pictures b4 the TEAR DOWN

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=4829
    Last edited by dshaff24; 04-28-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Lookin' good! I like what you've done with it - buffed out it looks great! Keep up the good work.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Wow, she looks all nice & shiney. Tough call on how to finish the scheme. These old Supra's were ahead of their time in styling - so can't go wrong with keeping it retro or updating the look. Great thing is you get to customize her to your liking.

What kind of surface prep and paint did you use on the engine?
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

tear down - mask - scuff - wipe down with preping solvent - paint - unmask - assemble!

Im adding a black stripe to the blue stripe, Then If I get a chance tomarrow im going to take the tower to get powdercoated and the drivers seat base,

I was thinking aboutpowercoating the tie downs and gas cap and lift eye's but thats still up in the aire

New scheme is Light Blue - White - Black In my opinion It takes 3 colors to make something look good!

wow you have been busy over the past week. It really looks great!!! Cant wait to get my hands on mine again. Like the blue stripe with the wave...addding black will really make it look cool and modern. Nice job
    1984 Supra Rider

That looks good without the stripe. I like where you're headed with it.

I agree... she's looking sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    New scheme is Light Blue - White - Black In my opinion It takes 3 colors to make something look good!
    I also agree on this, as long as the colors are black, black, and black.

black is where its at man! we went with black carpet, with mostly black interior. check out the thread!

http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6268