Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You'll get there. I've done all of that stuff (several times for most of them.) I bought some thicker fel-pro valve cover gaskets last time. They are a lot more expensive but I was having an oil drip at the rear port side of my valve cover (think where we weight to surf) and figured it was worth beefing those up a bit. Now that I just replaced my tranny cooler I think the only part under my engine cover that is original is the transmission. Holy hell, I better knock on wood!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

How is it that you guys have "contacts" on an electronic ignition? Are you talking about the distributor cap and rotor? If that's corroding, then you probably have a crack in the cap.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Yes, I'm talking about the distributor cap and rotor. There's little copper dots inside of the distributor cap and they tend to get a green/white corrosion on them. I've had to replace both the cap and rotor about once a year for the last couple of years. My best guess is that it's an auto distributor and a marine one would be better sealed from the elements?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.