Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1994 Sunsport

One my wife took from the water last week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Yours looks real nice. I also have a 94 sunsport. Had a new motor put in it recently but they ran into a problem with the fuel injectors so they put a carb on it instead, I actually bought it that way but I bought from my sister so know the history of it. Last year i redid the dash panel gauges and dash paneling it came out pretty good.

Here are some images of my Sunsport and the before and after of the gauge job.. Next i want to get the gel coat and trailer painted, then probably be time for interior
    Last edited by PoPz; 07-25-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Hey PoPoz dash and boat look great did you use a carbon fiber vinyl or did you have your dash pieces hydro dipped?

Jason, I used carbon fiber. Found a place where they sell different gauge sheets, then used the old plastic paneling as a template took my jig saw and cut slow!! it was pretty expensive i think the 11" x 33" i used for the main panel was like 120 bucks, so i was real nervous when cutting and using the drill press for the gauges. but it worked out pretty good, took me about a month to get all the materials and about another month to take it all apart and fabricate and put back together. I was glad that I decided to do it myself even tho i had no experience it gave me a good sense of why a job like that would cost a couple thousand and also I like to give my boat personal love =)

Nice work! I plan on doing the same thing, only I'm 99% sure I'm not using real carbon fiber.

Ya it was pretty easy just time consuming labeling and what not. But the whole dash board comes out easy and there are quick plugs for all the connections under the dash which was nice i didn't have to cut and splice everything back together.. I had trouble finding other material for the dash paneling, actually was hard to find good carbon fiber sheets, what's nice tho is that there is a fiberglass backing behind all the plating.

how did you label all of your swithes was it just a vinyl sticker? It looks great

Quote Originally Posted by jasonba1 View Post
    how did you label all of your swithes was it just a vinyl sticker? It looks great
    My dad's friend is an engraver, so he hooked it up for me

nice good idea it came out great

Here are some better shots of the dash