Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

gotcha thanks for the heads up

My Saltare I believe originally had mufflers but someone along the line replaced them with straight pipe. Probably just a baffled tube or box somewhere along the exhaust, mine would have been under the gas tank. Just pull them wherever they are and replace with straight pipe. I think a lot of older boats that had them were replaced due to rotting out or leaking.

I'm a Ford man myself, but I confess I do enjoy the sound of the 454 in the Supra. It's a little annoying to not be able to talk to a rider directly behind you at idle, but whatever... I love the sound of the old inboards.

As for damage without the mufflers... No, you will get no damage. Put flappers on the back so you don't get any big rush of water towards the engine. Boats have risers on the manifolds for two reasons... So there is always air above the water line, and to prevent reversion from cam overlap from pulling water back in the cylinders, since water is flowing back and down with the exhaust. You'd really have to slam your boat to get the waterline close enough to need extensions on your risers.

nice info thanks alot for your time thats what ill do may get annoying after awhile but it can always be changed back thank again