Thread: Tach gage

Default Tach gage

I have an 86 Marauder Skier and my tach gage does not work. Does anyone have any diagrams or know were to find them. Any ideas will help. Thanks
    Nick
    2005 Moomba Outback LS

Default Replying to Topic 'Tach gage'

The tach has one wire coming off the coil that gives the tach it's signal. Check to make sure that wire is good, there is continuity and the contacts are clean. If there is no problem with these items the tach is bad.

I got the tach out of my comp $20 bucks

Verify all your connections are clean and tight on the backside of th tach. The purple wire will go to the "I" (ign.) post, the gray wire to the signal post ("S") and the black wire to the ground post ("G"). Make sure the eng. harness to dash connector on the back starboard side of the motor is tight and free of corrosion (green stuff). Check the connections at the coil and make sure they are tight and free of debris. If this all looks good, contact your dealer or the parts "Guru", Anthony Cooper at Skiers Choice for price and availability on a new tach. Anthony can be contacted: email- [email protected], or (865)983-9924ext.118. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond

Thanks I will dig in to it and see what I find.
    Nick
    2005 Moomba Outback LS