Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Bringin the Red Back

Update Time:
    I've been able to get work quite abit lately as the weather has warmed up considerably. I got a few new goodies in the mail this week, the CIBA Comp mirror, which I love to use b/c you can see the skier from side to side, and a Uniden Depth Finder. Both items came from ebay and am happy with the quality! I ran the buffer on Friday evening and this morning. There is RED under there, all this time I thought I had bought the only pink supra in the country. (I actually had a gas station attendant tell me she liked my pink boat the night I brought it home.)
    I had some help taking out the front skeg bolts b/c the two that go through the pylon mount were loose. We slapped some magic Krylon on the base, squeezed some silicon around the bolt holes and sucked them down tight!
    We also started putting the interior back in which I think is looking great compared to what it was! Also pictured is where I cut an access area under the passenger side w/s. Instead of the single wrap around spotters seat back, I split it into two and hinged the front one up...see pictures.
    There are a couple pics of my launch attempt, but a dead battery caused me to not leave the trailer. The trip wasn't a total loss as I found that the rope shaft seal was leaking a steady stream. I'm gona try to tighten it up and see if it will seal. The depth transducer that I got is supposed to have a hole cut in the bottom of the boat, but I just stuck it to the floor w/ some silicon and am going to see if that will work before I cut a 2" hole.
    Sorry to drag on and on but that's what I've been up to.

I Appreciate Comments!

b

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/...lake_carlisle/
    Last edited by smoothfootn; 04-10-2011 at 09:28 PM.

I posted a few more pics on the photobucket album. (see link above) I got the carpet in and the project is pretty much complete for now. Waiting for a nice day to water test. Thanks for looking!
    b

Looks pretty nice man...
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Looks real good...nice job!

Wow, she polished up real nice! Nice mod on the seat back storage access.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Where the back seat mod?? I dont see it?
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Jet, dyslexic or just drinking again? Seat back not back seat
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Dude, I have a little more gelcoat damage on my Conbrio, but the guts look identical, that original interior is just how mine looked...
    Nice work on the rebuild, you're gonna have a ton of fun with'er this summer!!!
    BTW thanks for the partial rot replacement pics...I'll be there in a couple weeks!!!
    90 Conbrio

Thanks guys, and you're welcome for the pics. I'm going to put a gas strut on the seat back to hold it up. I took her out this afternoon and had a fairly succesful first launch! She cranked a little slow but started and ran good. After I zipped around the cove a few times I pulled it to idle and it was idling @ like 2k so I headed back to the trailer to tune a bit. (Choke was open and idle needles were about 2 turns out) I grabbed a screwdriver to adjust the idle stop position, but my battery wouldn't start it the second time. When I was driving the volt meter showed about 13+v so I think its charging, but I think my battery is bad. I'm going to get a Sp Gravity bulb tomorrow and check for sure. Anyhow, I will get a new battery and resume the tuning another day. Barefoot boom should be here tomorrow, I hope to be out learning back deeps in a week or two! Hope everyone has good luck taking out your boats for their first summer dip!
    b

Just talked to my dad. He said to check timing first. If it is advanced too far, it will start ok when cold, but after it warms up will have too much compression for battery to pull. Might also explain the fast idle.