Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mine was only screwed to the seat base which was screwed to the floor. Mine has the drop in ski locker too and the locker was screwed to the back of the seat along with the lid. Once I removed the lid and locker and unscrewed the seat from the base I could get it out.

Well, I'll find out for sure in the next few days as soon as I get a chance to pull the gas tank. I'll post a pic of where the fasteners were...

Last summer I had to swap some parts between 2 identical boats, same year, make and model, (05 nautique) and several of the fasteners were in different locations between the two. Not exactly precision manufacturing on the interior of boats in general.
    1989 Bravura - repowered with 2001 PCM 351 GT-40 - 1.23:1 PCM Trans.
    1989 comp - sold
    1985 comp - sold

Will post pics soon, but there aren't as many fasteners holding that seat in as I thought. It's just really well wedged into the base, and held in from the side by 3 bolts (each side, that is).

Couldn't remove the gas tank, pretty sure it went in before the cap went on the boat. Maybe with a LOT more twisting, but it's awfully tight, and it's about 2" wider than the opening above it, not even close.

When I removed the rudder, the packing looked fine but the rudder shaft is bent and it's cracked at the base. Time for a new one... at least now it'll steer easily at any speed!
    1989 comp - sold
    1985 comp - sold

gas tank is a tight squeeze on saltare too. have to slide it all the way to one side and stand it on end, wiggle it out. watch your fingers. filler hose is usually a killer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    gas tank is a tight squeeze on saltare too. have to slide it all the way to one side and stand it on end, wiggle it out. watch your fingers. filler hose is usually a killer too.
    Yep, fill hose was a real PITA at 23 years old it didn't want to budge.

I was able to work around the tank underneath, rather than fighting it. I'm really not confident that it could be removed, I've taken plenty of tanks out of inboards, and this really looks like it was installed before the cap.

I attached a pic of the seat's location in the boat with fasteners marked. The red ones are where I had to actually remove fasteners, the green ones I didn't really have to but they helped, and the orange (brackets that held the piece under the seat) didn't do anything. The lid to the ski locker was actually screwed into the seat backs, so that had to come out, which it was going to anyway, that was the easiest part. The nuts on the bolts through the side were not that bad to reach, but yeah there are lots of opportunities for fiberglass splinters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1989 comp - sold
    1985 comp - sold