Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GO PRO HD Video

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    So, with the helmet strap, have you had any serious crashes withit on? Seems like it would rip right off in a bad fall. You wear an extra tether from the camera around you neck like a necklace just in case?
    Yes, many serious crashes. My first gopro I lost on a backcountry trip in UT after tumbling in 3' of powder. Now I use a teather from the camera to my chin strap.

Ah, to the chin strap makes more sense. I'm assuming the waterproof housing wont float.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by freeflyernc View Post
    I was on the fence about this- but after watching your video I bought a GoPro camera. I can't wait to start shooting with this!

Mike
    You will love it, another fun gadget to have on the boat!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Here is the mount I am using.... Camera WILL NOT float, I am in the process of figuring out what I could stick on the back to make it float. Another option is to run a leash around it and tie it off on the helmet. My friend took a very hard spill and it held on, the mount is pretty solid. But if it ever came off the helmet with nothing attached it would sink like a rock. It will float with it attached to the helmet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Did all that come standard with the camera? Looking around, it looks like there are several packages that can be ordered, with differnt mounts in each. I'd like to be able to buy one kit and have the option to securly mount to a helmet, the board, and the boat for different shots.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

i have a go pro 960 hd which comes with several different mounts ( front helmet mount, flat adhesive mount, curved mount, head strap mount) also have a surf mount, extra battery, and extra head strap mount. my girlfriend got it for me for Christmas, and my parents had gotten me a contour helmet cam and by the time i decided which one I wanted to keep it was too late to send back the go pro. the camera has never been used just checked it out in the living room on Christmas when I got it if you wanted to but it i would sell it all for $180 which is basically just getting the extra mounts and battery for free.

Ken