Default Fuel Filter Model # for 87 Comp ??

I need to replace the Fuel Filter on my 87 Comp but cannot find the model number. All I can find is the Make, which is FRAM. I do see that it is a canister, not a screw on OIL FILTER.
    Last edited by craigfee; 06-28-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Fuel Filter, Not Oil Filter

oil filter should be screw on, on the side of the block under the alternator. just go to auto parts store and ask for a oil filter from a 78 ford f150 with the 5.8. then pick whatever brand you want. If you are refering to the filter remote mounted on the stringer not actually on the motor that would be the fuel filter wich is fram part number 1187 in think.

The oil filter is a Motorcraft FL1A. See the pic for the fuel both are available at the local auto parts store.

Fram model-8A. They have a few prefixes like, (TG, HM) etc. Hope this helps.

I would steer clear of Fram orange oil filters they are rated very poor. The best are the Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters.

I replaced stock set up with much larger filter and screw on housing I purchased through Discount Inboard marine. Stock set up was very small . Call vince at Dim and he can help you out.