Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

We have requires safety courses here and it makes no difference. The amount of asshattery on the water is insane. I've actually found people in states that don't require any safety course, license, or test are better boat drivers and far more courteous.

We dont have any kind of required license here in Texas if you are over 18 and I like it that way. Although classes are good I do not think it should be required, just another way for the government to regulate and limit freedoms. Now I am all about insurance companies giving discounts to boaters who takes that class, that way it is encouraged but not taking it does not limit you to standing on the beach. I am 23 years old and bought my first boat last year 2008 Mobius LSV and I have never taken a class and I consider myself to be a very safe boater. How ever my dad who is 54 and has been boating off and on for pretty much his entire adult life needs some practice with his new wave runner. A couple of weeks ago we went out together and he crashed into my boat 4 or 5 times in on day... Thank goodness it was all sow speed maneuvering hits.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

I do not drink when I am out on the boat. I do allow others to drink if they choose to. However, I make sure we get the skiing, wakeboarding, surfing and hydrofoiling done before anyone drinks. Too many possibilities of accidents. When we are done with the water activities and anchor is when others start drinking. I do take non-alcoholic beer and that is what I drink. I like the taste of beer and can not tell the difference. Alot of my friends have started drinking it as well. The best non-alcoholic beer I have found is kaliber by Guiness.

I allow people to drink what ever they want as long as they put glass bottle liquids in water bottles. I also tell everyone not to let me ctach them sinking their cans. This weekend we found 7 glass bottles and 3 cans where we were anchored up. I just think thats so stupid of people. At our lake the GW will come hit you if your stopped on the water so we make sure if we see them while on the water no one falls. (No tricks) They also check us when you pull your boat out. I found out that as long as you can say your the captin, show them you have everything, not fall down, be nice, and not have beer cans on the floor your just fine. If i do ever feel i might of had a little to much I do a couple runs on the way out. Hit the water a few times and its amazing how sober you can feel.
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

I never bother...the consequences are too high here. For the driver, you can lose your actual car license...not sure what the deal is with drinks onboard, but I don't care to find out either.

Kinda sucks...wish it wasn't quite so militant in Ontario

Default Drinking underway...

Well this last weekend, finished the "MANDATORY" boaters education class here in Bend, the Deschutes COunty Sheriff's office hosted it. A little informative, I found that mostly I had a good idea of how to handle things underway. I did find out that on the waters, as a driver of a boat here in Orygun- you can have an open container aboard as a driver,be drinking, just dont be over the legal limit. Pretty obvious stuff, dont overdo it, which I would hope would be common sense. Either way I now have my "Boaters Education Card" which is good for life, and am now little more informed of the rules and regs!