Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'Does anyone here like their supra boat'

Originally posted by 87sunsport

I love my 87 Sunsport w/ just under 700hrs! Doesn't burn a drop of oil. Looking to upgrade to a Legacy or another Sunsport. Looking for Mid 90's. What is market price for mine? Average condition.......it was in a fight w/ a stump once and has been expertly repaired. First and last time my wife drove it.
    I sent you a message stating that I may be selling my 2000 Legacy (want a new LTS Comp!) if you are at all interested, should be in you Inbox (not sure how hat works, hopefully you'll get a notice). If not or if you have questions write me at [email protected].

Thanks, Ed

Sorry Ed.....never saw the post. I purchased a Sport Nautique in the spring...great deal, couldn't pass it up.....but I do miss Supra.
    SuckMyWake

No worries. You bought a great boat, enjoy it. At this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do anyway, keep it or upgrade to a newer boat. I'm completely happy with this one and it's paid for, of course if a serious buyer were to come forward...

Cheers, Ed

We bought an 04 Gravity Games boat this past Dec. and CANNOT wait to get out!!! It is a beautiful boat! Can't wait to get our four boys out on the water. My husband and I wakeboard too, so it should be the best investment for our family.

Originally posted by azcummins

I have an 89 Comp that I just pulled out of hybernation (5 years of rotting in the back yard). I sent it back to Supra to have it factory refurbished and now I have a new boat. I put it back on the water and the motor's compression was a little low (it had been sleeping for 5 yrs), but it has woken up fine and runs great. Only 300 hrs on the boat. I went ahead and put new upholstery in it and my Monster Tower will be here on Friday.

The boat was a large part of my childhood (I'm only 24), and I'm pumped to be back on the water. After 14 years, the boat still looks sleek, runs good and produces a great wake for the new popular water sport, (wakeboarding). I'm really proud that my "old" boat still hangs in with the new models.
    Hey Azcummins,

Do you still have your 89 Comp? Also.....what is covered/done in a factory refurbish and if you don't mind.........what does that cost?

I can say one bad thing about my boat, it is NOT for rough water. A few times I have been caught in really bad weather, and I was getting a bucket of water in the face, over the windshield, about ever 4 seconds.

If you can get into some smooth water, there no boat more fun than my hot-rod 1988 comp. You would have to out of your mind to buy a new one, or just crazy rich, but these boats last for a long time, have awesome vinyl and other appointments. You can get a "good as new" boat, maybe edelbrock-up the engine, and you have a boat that will last you many years. I am recently handicapped from a sking accident (snow skiing) and need to sell mine for medical bills, you can see pictures at http://www.limsynch.com/supra/

I am asking $12,875. It is a one-owner boat.

Love my old Supra Comp boat prior to 2000, but HATE my new 06 Supra Gravity Games Launch 24ssv boat. Worst boat I have ever driven, looked at, or owned. This boat is a lemon and Skiers Choice could care less. I have had problems ongoing, but the only thing I am good at is trailering it back and forth to the dealer, (weekly and sometimes three times a week) I would never buy another Skiers Choice product at this point, I want to use my summer time enjoying the water with a nice boat, not having problems and looking at the dealers shop every week. Mr. Rick Tinker should take care of his manufacturing problems and poor quality, before the company goes under.

mdsmgu-

Sounds like you need to get a new dealer, or a better dealer. Rick Tinker does not have MFG problems, or everyone would be selling their boats and going elsewhere. Sometimes things happen, and boats have problems. But if you truely have major problems, then your dealer should be fighting the fight for you to the MFG, not you trying to bash SC in every location of this message board. I have had some problems with my 04 Launch SSV, and SC not only fixed the problems, they went over the top, and it was all done through my dealer which is top notch.

I know plenty of MasterCrafts that have problems.

I know you are frustrated/angry and I don't blame you, but pointing that energy to the right people should be your focus. A new dealer might a first start, or calling Skiers Choice and asking them if they have even been a part of the problems from your dealer. That might tell you alot about your dealer and how hard they are fighting to get your boat fixed up.

Good luck with your boat problems.

I agree with you 100%, but Skiers Choice has been involved from the frist day, I had several problems the first day, and actually talked with Mr. Tinker directly, he personally guaranteed that I would have no ongoing problems and I should go ahead and take possession of the boat and it would be just fine. (FIRST MISTAKE on my part) I had to fix the wiring myself. On the twenty hour check up, I had a large list, and then several of the items on the list had to go back and forth several times to fix, several recalls were created from Skiers Choice based on my boat, and yes I spoke with Skiers Choice on several occassions regarding the issues to get parts etc, because I was out of state with the boat twice and problems occured. I also had the factory (Skiers Choice) take the boat back for a week and go through the boat bow to stearn, they were going to make sure everything was correct and they had to rip out the entire interior of the boat and take the tower off and rebolt it, because of a manufacturing defect. The factory has been very involved, but I still have a boat that is sitting on a trailer and won't run, Skiers Choice's answer is wait until next year and maybe we will trade you out of it for over $25K. The answer is that if Skiers Choice wants to keep me as a customer they would stand up and take care of their problem, The dealer did not manufacturer this boat Skiers Choice did, they can not fix something that is defective as an entire product. My dealer has tried to fix the problems and stand up for my rights, but again they are only the middleman, not the originator of the problem.

I also agree with you that problems do happen with all items manufactured and boats are no exception, but I have owned numerous boats in my lifetime, and yes I currently have another Supra, and that Supra and my other MasterCrafts have never had these kind of ongoing problems and if you add up every service call, repair item, all together for all of my boats and all of my cars, they do not equal the amount of problems I have had in less than four months with my 2006 Supra Gravity Games 24SSV.

I have left numerous messages with all levels at the factory, and have not recieved a call back on my last set of problems, which left my Gravity Games boat not operating and a boat load of guests coming this weekend to enjoy a day of wakeboarding, sky sking, wake surfing, etc., My Supra Gravity Games boat is sitting on the trailer in the back yard, and a MasterCraft dealer delivered a brand new boat, with no strings attached to just take care of my problem so that my guests could enjoy their day. Very smart on MasterCraft side, I was able to try their boat out and see the differences between the boats and my Supra, both pro and con, but the major difference I saw was a VERY HIGH QUALITY built boat by MasterCraft, you could just see the difference.

The problem is that I really like the design and how the Supra Gravity Games 24SSV is set up with seating capacity of 16, this is the type of boat I want, and would love to have a Supra that worked correctly. The problem is that it is no good, if it will not be dependable to work when I need it to work. I had the perfect solution for Skiers Choice to trade me out of this lemon and prove to me a new Gravity Games boat does not have the same problems. Then I would continue to be a long time Supra owner. But now I have no choice, but to get a refund from the Factory and buy a different boat.

I have so many situations that have happened, I am very frustrated, I just hope no one else has to go through the same problems, I have, but I have spoken with three other owners of the Supra Gravity Games 24 SSV 2006 model, and they have also had ongoing major issues. That concerns me even more, but I still left it up to Skiers Choice to try to keep me as a customer, that buys a new boat every other year.

Thanks for listening.

I agree with you 100%, but Skiers Choice has been involved from the frist day, I had several problems the first day, and actually talked with Mr. Tinker directly, he personally guaranteed that I would have no ongoing problems and I should go ahead and take possession of the boat and it would be just fine. (FIRST MISTAKE on my part) I had to fix the wiring myself. On the twenty hour check up, I had a large list, and then several of the items on the list had to go back and forth several times to fix, several recalls were created from Skiers Choice based on my boat, and yes I spoke with Skiers Choice on several occassions regarding the issues to get parts etc, because I was out of state with the boat twice and problems occured. I also had the factory (Skiers Choice) take the boat back for a week and go through the boat bow to stearn, they were going to make sure everything was correct and they had to rip out the entire interior of the boat and take the tower off and rebolt it, because of a manufacturing defect. The factory has been very involved, but I still have a boat that is sitting on a trailer and won't run, Skiers Choice's answer is wait until next year and maybe we will trade you out of it for over $25K. The answer is that if Skiers Choice wants to keep me as a customer they would stand up and take care of their problem, The dealer did not manufacturer this boat Skiers Choice did, they can not fix something that is defective as an entire product. My dealer has tried to fix the problems and stand up for my rights, but again they are only the middleman, not the originator of the problem.

I also agree with you that problems do happen with all items manufactured and boats are no exception, but I have owned numerous boats in my lifetime, and yes I currently have another Supra, and that Supra and my other MasterCrafts have never had these kind of ongoing problems and if you add up every service call, repair item, all together for all of my boats and all of my cars, they do not equal the amount of problems I have had in less than four months with my 2006 Supra Gravity Games 24SSV.

I have left numerous messages with all levels at the factory, and have not recieved a call back on my last set of problems, which left my Gravity Games boat not operating and a boat load of guests coming this weekend to enjoy a day of wakeboarding, sky sking, wake surfing, etc., My Supra Gravity Games boat is sitting on the trailer in the back yard, and a MasterCraft dealer delivered a brand new boat, with no strings attached to just take care of my problem so that my guests could enjoy their day. Very smart on MasterCraft side, I was able to try their boat out and see the differences between the boats and my Supra, both pro and con, but the major difference I saw was a VERY HIGH QUALITY built boat by MasterCraft, you could just see the difference.

The problem is that I really like the design and how the Supra Gravity Games 24SSV is set up with seating capacity of 16, this is the type of boat I want, and would love to have a Supra that worked correctly. The problem is that it is no good, if it will not be dependable to work when I need it to work. I had the perfect solution for Skiers Choice to trade me out of this lemon and prove to me a new Gravity Games boat does not have the same problems. Then I would continue to be a long time Supra owner. But now I have no choice, but to get a refund from the Factory and buy a different boat.

I have so many situations that have happened, I am very frustrated, I just hope no one else has to go through the same problems, I have, but I have spoken with three other owners of the Supra Gravity Games 24 SSV 2006 model, and they have also had ongoing major issues. That concerns me even more, but I still left it up to Skiers Choice to try to keep me as a customer, that buys a new boat every other year.

Thanks for listening.