Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ben is right on, my 06 24v can be turned by one finger fully loaded.

Thanks a lot for the info. I guess that I know what my first project for this boat will be. I will be taking it out this weekend as is though. Is replacing it a big deal? It doesn't look like it would be that difficult once you get the right replacement cable.
    2005 24SSV
    5.7 Indmar 340hp

I have never done it but I've read it's pretty easy. The one thing I remembering reading to help you is, once you disconnect the old cable tape the new one to the end of the old cable. Then when you pull the old one out it fishes the new cable through.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyk573 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info. I guess that I know what my first project for this boat will be. I will be taking it out this weekend as is though. Is replacing it a big deal? It doesn't look like it would be that difficult once you get the right replacement cable.
    Hopefully your arms don't tire out too much from that bum cable. I would not know how easy or difficult it is to swap as mine was done by the dealer before I purchased it. They said it took them less than an hour to do though.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

At idle you should be able to turn it with one finger
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by JONBLARC7 View Post
    Steve

I was looking at your pic's and wanted to know how you mounted the white board that is holding you perko and amp. I have a 24V and thats how I want to mount my amp tis winter when I up grade the tower speakers. Did you cut the carpet away then glued it?.
    The board is UHMW and I made some spacers by doubling up 2"x2" squares and epoxied and screwed them to the bulkhead. Then screwed the board to the spacers, that way I can take the board off if I need to.