Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lowering the bow roller did make a huge imporvment but I still have to keep about 2"-3" on the fender out of the water to load it and just power on.

The thread KY Steve is talking about was he responded to one of my questions and it has a diagram and pics of how he modified the trailer. I dont know how to link this but the Title of the thread was Boatmate Trailer Modification Roler and Boat Buddy, date was 7-12-2010 by SupraTamu.

Supratamu,
    I will try to find that thread. JonyB, I have read your posts on your Boatmate Trailer adventure. I looks like you got yours all figured out.
    Thanks for the info to all that answered, this really seems like an issue that none of us should have ever had to deal with on a boat/trailer combo that cost as much new as these did. Leave it to American Ingenuity to figure out a solution to a problem.
    2005 24SSV
    5.7 Indmar 340hp

Jeffrey
    I have wakeboarded and surfed behind your boat. don't know if you surf, but last time we went out, we took the center ballast bag and put in surfside locker, and the smaller bag in the center locker. easy wave..
    you'll really enjoy it.

Look familar?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brad,
    I have never surfed before, but I can't wait to try it next year. That's pretty cool sending me a picture of my boat.
    2005 24SSV
    5.7 Indmar 340hp

Probably just too deep. The river I use is tidal with a 6' swing so most of the ramps are pretty steep to be usable close to low tide. The steeper the ramp the less trailer you need in the water. I have a totally different boat and trailer, but when I use shallow angle ramps on lakes I have the trailer really deep, when I use my normal ramp I have the fenders out of the water just a little.

The Boat Buddy took a couple of chunks out of the nose of my 24. I drew the line when I had to load it on a choppy and windy day, water was so rough that it slammed by boat up against the bunks and the Boat Buddy, destroyed the boat buddy, cracked a weld in the bow stop, and broke one of the planks on the trailer. I took it to Boatmate and they fixed it up for me, also had them put a bow roller on it and lowered it 2 inches. I changed which ramp I launch at too just to be safe but now I never have a single problem driving it on the trailer. I just pull it right up to the roller and hook the winch on it and drive out. I usually put my trailer in up to the front of the fender where the light is just level with the water.

2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyk573 View Post
    Supratamu,
    I will try to find that thread. JonyB, I have read your posts on your Boatmate Trailer adventure. I looks like you got yours all figured out.
    Thanks for the info to all that answered, this really seems like an issue that none of us should have ever had to deal with on a boat/trailer combo that cost as much new as these did. Leave it to American Ingenuity to figure out a solution to a problem.
    Mine is perfect now. Like Steve said, the height of the bowstop is one thing, but the Boatmate is another. When the fiberglass of the boat contacts the soft rubber of the Boat Buddy, everything stops. There's too much weight pressed on the rubber to allow it to slide like it should, that's why the better solution is to let it roll.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by iwakeboard View Post
    The Boat Buddy took a couple of chunks out of the nose of my 24. I drew the line when I had to load it on a choppy and windy day, water was so rough that it slammed by boat up against the bunks and the Boat Buddy, destroyed the boat buddy, cracked a weld in the bow stop, and broke one of the planks on the trailer. I took it to Boatmate and they fixed it up for me, also had them put a bow roller on it and lowered it 2 inches. I changed which ramp I launch at too just to be safe but now I never have a single problem driving it on the trailer. I just pull it right up to the roller and hook the winch on it and drive out. I usually put my trailer in up to the front of the fender where the light is just level with the water.

iwakeboard, is Boatmate in maryville or this area? i need to do the same thing that you did.

thanks