Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dandamanf15 View Post
    Yeah my first project is definitely going to be getting the yellow off the lower part. Would a normal rubbing compound and then polish and wax do the job? Or am i gonna need to do some sanding? The whole exterior could definitely use a polish for sure.

The stitching on the other side is in great shape as well and we will definitely try to keep it that way!

Haha idk what's up with the red trailer. I'm pretty sure its original..it has the supra lettering on the bar up front. I'll check the plate to make sure sometime. A black or matching dark blue would've looked way better

The stringers and floor are really solid and i want to avoid any future problems with them. Besides keeping it out of the rain is there anything I can do as preventative stringer maintenance? Silicone the exhaust ports and rudder mount every so often or anything?
    I'm going to bet my balls that the red trailer (while original) is not the original trailer for that boat. It would have been blue. If I were you, I'd take the trailer to a decal guy, and have them measure and photograph the decals exactly. Tell them you want new ones, in white. Then strip that trailer and paint it black. You will never get the same factory Navy Blue, so go black. It won't be original, we already know that, but it sure as hell will look better. Then put the new white matching logos on it like an original.

As for the stringers, not much you can do. Make sure you keep it in a dry space. Is it in a covered garage or carport? It's a boat, it's okay to get wet. It's the hour long deluge that collects in the bottom that rots them out fast. If it is out, make sure you do your best to let it breath and air out quickly. Remove that cover and air it out as well. This boat really does belong in a garage. I normally don't say that, but this one does. It's in such perfect shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Don't use it! Keep it stored in a climate controlled garage. In fact, I know just the garage.
    Yeah, mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Don't use it! Keep it stored in a climate controlled garage. In fact, I know just the garage. In fact, you might be better off to TRADE that in on a 1st anniversary Rider with brand new stringers. In fact, i know just the Rider. Lol

Supra really Fuggd up on getting rid of that font and logo. Instant brand identity gone!
    Keep the pics coming! Looks awesome!

Haha how bout you put your garage on a trailer, i'll buy a plot of land, and we can transport your garage here to house my boat! Its a win-win!

Our 2 previous boats, which both were pretty pathetic compared to this one, were both stored in my driveway with a cover on. (most of the time :/ ) I can't bear to subject this beauty to such torture. I don't have a garage or the funds or room to build one, so last night i ordered this. - http://www.u-sav.com/pdf/71061_71062.pdf

Sorry its not a garage, haugy :P But at least it will be out of the elements Its gonna be a tiiiight fit between my house and the neighbors as you'll see in the upcoming pics...but i think it'll work. It has to :P

need to get that teak re-done! At least I only have 3 pieces on this boat compared to probly 50 on the Ski Supreme I had :P

I don't know who decided Lightning Audio was a good idea, but that will change at some point hopefully :P

Tip for cleaning the teak:

Don't use oils or things like that. Remove the pieces from the boat, and then take a bristle brush and with water running on it, scrub. Mine looked worse than that, and that's all it took. No acids or special cleaners.

Well, your steering wheel is NOT factory I'm sorry to say. That is an aftermarket wheel. Contoured wheels were not even around back then unless you had a professional race car, and they still didn't look like that. Somebody put some work into that though. Seeing the logo on the center cap means someone tried to make it seem original. If that is 100% factory, I will be beyond surprised. Literally shocked.

That pop tent cover will be perfect for what you need. All you are wanting to do is keep it from being downpoured into. You will get caught in the rain, the boat will get wet from use. No big deal. It's those hours and hours of rain in a night that not only drench everything, but don't allow it to dry out. If you anchor that thing down well, you would even be able to leave the cover off to let it dry out in there if you needed to. Just keep air moving in the boat. Put a fan in there and that will keep air moving and prevent mildew.

That cover area will be perfect. Don't need a garage to keep a beautiful boat like that in good shape. Just needs someone who takes the time to maintain it. Thanks for the additional pics.

Great looking boat.

Steering wheel is pretty sweet though! Is that the original black plastic throttle knob too? Mine broke but I kinda prefer a small chrome knob IF you aren't worried about keeping it all original.

I have one of those boat tents too and it hasn't let me down after two years. Not same model but similar. Yours looks a bit nicer.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Bummer about the steering wheel. That woulda been cool. Oh well Thanks for all your input and knowledge Haugy, you definitely know your supras!

Yeah I'm planning on anchoring it into the driveway on the one side and into the ground on the other...hopefully there's room to walk between it and the house or the wife won't be too happy with me :P

Mikey - I'm guessing it's the original knob yeah haha :P I don't mind the feel of this one so I guess i'll leave it until it breaks. I like the look of yours though. That tent was like $750 so hopefully it holds up for at least a few years! I'm still brainstorming on a way to modify it so that we don't have to take the tower down to get it in there. The clearance on it now is 7'6" and the top of the tower 9'3" off the ground soooo yeah lol....The best idea I can think of so far is to put a zipper in the middle of the front panel all the way to the top...but its gonna be tough to put in a zipper that's gonna be strong enough, and we'll have to re-inforce the tarp somehow so the zipper doesn't rip out with the wind
    Daniel

'91 SunSport 10th Anniversary - "The White Whale"
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ersary-Edition

That is the original knob. All the Supra's have that setup. Don't go aluminum if it wears out, that screams ricer (sorry Mikey).

What about the legs of the tent? Can they be added onto to give you more height without losing strength? You would have to really anchor it down if you did that, but having that space is nice. It's also good as it provides more room for airflow if your boat is wet. I had to do the tower thing every time on my old Supra before I built a shop. Yes, it sucked. But still worth it to cover the boat and not have to worry about it when it rains or storms.

How hard is the tower to fold down? Mine was real easy, remove to big knobs by hand, and fold it forward. Some are way more complicated than others.