Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes I believe it is. Double axle, bunks with rollers below prop, 1 in the middle and a roller at the winch.

Ive seen alot of posts regarding the angle of the bow as it relates to the trailer while loading. Steeper ramps seem to keep the bow angle low causing frustrations while loading. I firmly believe in taking all rollers off the trailers. If your bow roller is tearing away, then the boat is relying too much on that roller to load correctly (ie too much bow weight upon loading). It should just be a final guide on at that point. As I said, I think the key is the height of the bunks on the back of the trailer. If your loading on a steep ramp, then less trailer should be in the water. The boat should be parallel (or very close) by the time the nose is near the winch. My bow support is just a carpeted 'V' and does not lift the boat when loaded. Long aft bunks at the right height should eliminate alot of the bow issues.

Default Nautique Trailer

Interesting. I put my 88 Mariah on an 01 Nautique trailer over the weekend for a quick refueling from a construction truck and it really fit nicely.

My observation for what it's worth. The problem with loading an Inboard is the lack of Stern Weight. If you think about it, our boats sit dead level in the water and the bow is low relative to an I/O or a fishing/bass boat. Therefore a steep ramp magnifies this situation.

The best advice I've heard is to take dishwashing soap and run a small amount down the trailer bunks just before loading. Then make sure you don't put the trailer in very deep. This will allow the front of the boat to get pushed UP by the bunks, but still be slick enough to allow for easier winching.

For the longest time I kept putting my trailer in the water too far and the nose of the boat would come under the front roller. Once I kept the tire fender about 4-6" above the water line and my girl friend / driver gives a little gas in the boat while I winch it up we load easy every time.

I really think it's more a function of Inboard's center of mass and not the trailer.

Good Luck

Waterbum

Note of caution for all. If you use dawn or liquid rollers on your bunks, you need a safety chain up front in addition to the strap from the winch. If that strap lets go (Mine has broken twice, now i just replace automatically every 2 years), that boat will slide right off the trailer as you go up the ramp.

DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Excellent point. I've never neede soap or liquid rollers (except when getting my foot in the ski boot) I do however 'dip' the bunks when loading. I back in deep enough to wet the bunks then pull back out to the right depth for loading... works great.

I haven't read all the postings here, but the way we load up is bring the bow right up to the "roller", then we pull the trailer out just until the nose of the boat is higher then the roller, you shouldn't need to pull the trailer far for this. Once the bow is clear drop the trailer lower into the water again and winch the boat up. Once you do this a couple of times, regardless of how steep the landings are, it's no issue. And no need for soap. I can't imagine the strap popping while someone was behind the boat being pulled out...

DZ.