Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a guy named Nick Gorham from the Dallas area... Bought my Supra from him.

I bought my Supra from him last year and I am very happy with it but I need to ask him a question about how to switch from the rear gas tank to the front... If anyone knows him will you pass along this message and my phone number/email? Thank you very much!

918-978-9058 or [email protected]
    1990 Comp TS6M
    Aerial Freeride Tower soon to come!

Is it an electric switch under the dash? Many vehicles have a hidden switch.

Or a ball valve located near the pump?

I looked for a valve with no luck at all... There is a switch under the dash and I flipped it but it didn't do anything... Do these boats have an electric boost a pump before the mechanical pump?
    1990 Comp TS6M

Or a manual switch. Follow the gas line and see if it leads you to it.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

It looks like the gas line goes into an electric pump of some sort... along with the line from the rear tank...? does that sound right?
    1990 Comp TS6M

If the both lines from the tank come into one spot, and then only one line goes out to the motor, that's the switch pump. I believe some pumps can have it setup to be able to switch tanks from within the pump. Follow the wires out of the pump. One will be ignition hot, and the others should lead to a switch. Should be a fuse inline somewhere, check that.

I will check on that and see where those wires go. I assume this is all aftermarket? Comps didn't come with two tanks and an electric pump? I also found out that I have a heater under the front storage as well...
    1990 Comp TS6M

No, comps did not come with two tanks. Nor electric pumps. So you are going to have to track it all down, the power feed, the relay, the switch, and don't forget to check the ground first.

Is there a need for an electric pump? Maybe what I am seeing isn't a pump at all... Maybe its just an electric switch that shuts one off and opens the other? I will do some checking on this... If thats the case I would rather switch it to a manual style set up... Would this work with just the mechanical pump? To be honest and I know this sounds backwards but I am much better with fuel injection... Here is a pic...Fuel setup.jpg
    1990 Comp TS6M

That does not look like a pump , its a y. Right now you are drawing from both tanks. Close one valve and you will be drawing from just the open tank. Follow the lines and label them so you don't get confused. I would expect the top to be the bow and the bottom to be the stern tank, if it was me setting it up.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug