Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry to bring this up. But I have never seen a propeller that close to the rudder. There usually is at least 2 to 3 inches between the two . I measured the distance between the shaft support and the propeller on my comp, there is 1 inch distance between the two. More than 3” to the rudder. Could someone along the way have replaced your shaft with the wrong length.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    Sorry to bring this up. But I have never seen a propeller that close to the rudder. There usually is at least 2 to 3 inches between the two . I measured the distance between the shaft support and the propeller on my comp, there is 1 inch distance between the two. More than 3” to the rudder. Could someone along the way have replaced your shaft with the wrong length.
    I would agree... you might be able to compensate with a smaller diameter prop.1" less would be a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    I cannot rule that out since I have just recently taken ownership of the boat. The 3 blade that was on the boat was about 3/4" away from the rudder. I think if I have the new prop machined I could slide the prop up further and not have to worry about it.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by wiatowski View Post
    I would agree... you might be able to compensate with a smaller diameter prop.1" less would be a big difference.
    But that would mean buying a new prop or cutting the current one down. Not sure if I want to go that route. The performance of the new prop is very noticeable. I got better hole shot, faster mph at 3600 rpm's, and faster top speed (46 mph).
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    But that would mean buying a new prop or cutting the current one down. Not sure if I want to go that route. The performance of the new prop is very noticeable. I got better hole shot, faster mph at 3600 rpm's, and faster top speed (46 mph).
    some prop shops will let you do an exchange. what's the current specs on the prop?

Quote Originally Posted by wiatowski View Post
    some prop shops will let you do an exchange. what's the current specs on the prop?
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1 "Bore .105 cup

Doubtful on an exchange...bought the prop used.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport

Does the bore mic out to 1" ? How does its measurements compare to the old one at the hub? Does the new one engage the key all the way?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001