Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Really enjoying all the June pics. Hope to have pics of the boat and boarding by next week. For now I will share a pic of the freshly painted house & what I came up with for a dock system. Just finished the install last night, 100% cedar, galv. and aluminum hardware. Any recommendations on a cedar sealer, I plan on letting the deck panels sit for about a week to finish drying.DSC01937.jpgDSC01939.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Awesome...yeah...Happy Birthday little dude.
    Thanks Scott and Okie!

My son says, "Thanks!" and "They must be some cool dudes!"
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

So I finally got my boat in the water this season (but I don't have any photos.) I can't remember ever having it be this late before I dipped it.... but..... there was a good reason. My friend was playing in the Stanley Cup and we got all access passes to the Staples Center to watch!! Hung out and rubbed elbows with the celebrities in the private/secret bar next to the locker room and even got to valet park in the players lot below (which was interesting in our rented toyota carolla.)

The only Supra photo I have is of my boat being towed in from this weekend. Forgot to turn the water on and roasted the impeller. Should be repaired and back in the river this weekend.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

So finally, I got the system from the old boat, into the Comp. It's a ported box, for a 12" Alpine, that takes up the corner behind the beat

IMG_0604.jpg

I then coated the whole thing in paint, then spar urethane so it doesn't rot out.

IMG_0640.jpg

Then carpeted it. Not the cleanest carpeting job I've done because the carpet is rubber backed.

IMG_0642.jpg

Then, smoked a 6lb pork shoulder for 14 hrs, and took the boat out. Still waiting for pictures from my buddies...

IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg

Is the green egg everything that the online reviews make it sound like? Just heard of these a couple of weeks ago and my interest is HUGE.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Got out on the waterfor a bit tonight... shaft seal is leaking quite a bit... I never check on the first run out but was going to leave the boat in tonight cause I'll be going out tomorrow... go thing I checked. I think daff replaced the packing last year... so should I just try to tighten it first? or will I need to replace it?

here's the pics of today and on of the first run out that our uncle took form his place.

Littest one loves the boat!

Above all my favorite picture of the day..... someone's mad cause he wants to wakeboard....lol

That first pic is one of the coolest pics i've seen on this forum. Beautiful

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV

The ol SS looks great on the calm of the north!!

As for the seal, I only finger tightened the cap nut so it could of backed itself off a tad. I was under the assumption that too tight was not good so I started off on the loose side. Double check the bilge pump and see if there is a flapper float on it. I think it only has the manual type, after playing with the Launch bilge....

I love the perma smiles on the crew and captain too!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    The ol SS looks great on the calm of the north!!

As for the seal, I only finger tightened the cap nut so it could of backed itself off a tad. I was under the assumption that too tight was not good so I started off on the loose side. Double check the bilge pump and see if there is a flapper float on it. I think it only has the manual type, after playing with the Launch bilge....

I love the perma smiles on the crew and captain too!
    ya there is...I also put a second pump and battery in with a float switch that's wired directly to the battery as a back up. I'm gonna tighten it tomorrow.