Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Baby on the boat

Just wondering how long you guys waited before you took your little one out on the boat?

Had my buddy's 3 month old onboard earlier this month. She crashed out next to the doghouse behind me (driver) in her carseat. I think the motor and vibration calmed her right into a coma!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Took my littlest one on the boat at 2 weeks.

My little girl was in the womb and on the boat all summer last year, then by the time I got the boat ready this year she was 7 months old. Certainly would have taken her on it earlier, but it was winter.

They'll fall asleep with the motion, wind, and sound of the motor. We brought the carseat for her to lay down in so we didn't have to worry about rollers and holding her at all times.

I'm going to try and wake surf with her very soon (she just had surgery a couple weeks ago so giving her some time to heal)
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

2 WEEKS? HOLY SH!T.....yah its a bit warm here in GA to take a new born out that early (im no DR). I think my youngest (now 5) was around 7 or 8 mths old. The heat is the biggest things for new borns, and definitly no direct sun for long periods. All my kids (5 of them) have been on our boats from an early age. I would check with your Doctor to make sure though. Crap now I sound like my freakin wife!
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

three kids---all at about 6 weeks! They grew up around the boat and the boating lifestyle.
    Now young adults and still at it!

Up till around 3months i belive have no way to self regulate there temp.

Keeping them from over heating is the biggest thing.

My oldest was born in June 99 so she had to set that summer out.
    Next one was born December 00 we had him on the boat may of 01.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

10 years.

this is now 10 characters, forum nazis
    2009 21V

A couple weeks with my first. The infant jackets work great for keeping there heads supported. In the PNW heat isn't that big of a deal with a bimini
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Ours was 8 months, (10 months now). Sunscreen, shade and water. We filled a bucket of water and let him play in that to keep cool/entertained. We used to stay out 10-14 hrs a day before he came along, now it is down to 4 (but more action packed). Don't plan long days and let them get used to the lifestyle. If you have a tower, run bed sheets from it to cleats (king size work on ours) and it provides a boat full of shade while anchored.

We use http://www.lowes.com/pd_115406-1168-...1213299&rpp=32 tarp clips at the tower and cleat to hold the sheets in place. They will sink, but they are cheaper than buying a float to tie to them.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"