Default soft spot in the floor 1995 Sunsport

I have a soft spot in my floor between the drivers seat and the engine cover. The interesting part is that this boat has little or no wood in it. Last weekend I leaned back in the drivers seat and most of the screws on the pedestal seat pulled out. I almost ended up on my ass.

Does any one know if the floor on this boat has a wood core underneath the fiberglass ? I went with the newer Kevlar / composite boat to avoid the hassels of replacing stringers and the floor.

For a quick fix I was considering injecting a hardner resin mix into the screw holes and replacing the screws before the epoxy hardened. Is that my best bet?? If so what epoxy would you recommend.

Any other suggestions ??

Thanks for the help Scott

Your floor should be made of starboard http://www.kingplastic.com/products/...ing-starboard/

i've always wondered what floors would be made of. i've worked with starboard, i doubt that's it. its weight to strength ratio as a flooring material would be bad. it needs lots of support or would sag between stringers.

i don't think injecting epoxy would last very long. the epoxy plugs would probably pull out fairly quickly in that application. would be hard to stop the epoxy from just dripping through the floor. i think i'd look at toggle anchors before that plan.

even those would be a short term fix.

it's possible to repair the floor under the captains seat by cutting the carpet between the seat and the gunnel. it's tight space for working but the seat will hide the new seam.

I don't know what your floor is made out of, but those toggle bolts are almost perfect for mounting seat bases. If you can find stainless ones (which I have not been able to find) let us know.

Home Depot lists these as stainless on their website, but they are just regular coated zinc.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

can"t remember who...but someone told me it was starboard. You never know though, could be wrong.

What about threaded inserts and use bolts. That way you could remove it. I've removed my seat a ton to deal with stuff under the seat.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Rotate the seat base a 1/8 turn, and then just drill new holes and remount. If it is wood like mine,just filled the screw holes with sylicone and screwed down.