Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ramzak View Post
    No such thing. It's a sales gimmick
    X2. As long as you stick with a good tint, like 3M or Llumar, you won't have any issues. When you use tint from Kragen/Vatozone, you'll have issues with the tint turning purple.

I get my tint from a local shop. He cuts Llumar for me, whatever I need. All the windows for my last boat was 35 bucks. I applied it in about a hour...

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    Where are you located? I'm in California and if you bring me the glass I'll tint it cheaper than any place you can find.
    I like the way that sounds, but I'm in Minnesota. Haven't really seen or heard of anyone doing tints on boats here. Did see one the other day though on Lake Minnetonka.

Thanks for the heads up...had mine priced about a month back. I will keep shopping.

It is ridiculously easy with the glass off. Main thing is making sure everything is clean and dust free.

To cut, use a fine file on the corner of the class, to cut the excess tint off.

did my own on my last boat. cost about 50 bucks in supplies ( 15% tint, then applicator stuff). Getting up close to dash was a tight fit, but i used a good thin squegee, with a long handle...worked prefectly. had it on almost 8 years and never a problem. Look perfect when i sold it. Just make sure to clean the window really well, then do it again, then one more time.