Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

also consider dropping the trailer in far to wet the bunks and then pull it up to the point that i mentioned or continue to do what is working for you. when the bunks are wet you will be able to slide on a little better.... simple fact to remember is if you are on your bunks (front and back) you won't hit the prop guard.
    Good luck and sounds like you are on the right track....

backing in to wet the bunks is good advice, so is what your guy said about gently powering on while backing in - if you have 2 people there, of course. But powering on to the trailer at any speed ruins most boat ramps over time, so be aware of that. Thats why I recommended going further in.

Default 21 V loading problems

Had the same problem. I boat on the Mississippi, there is always a force of the river wanting to shift the boat off of center. Your buddy was right. Put the boat on the trailer in shallower water. Once the boat centers, back the trailer down untill you can drive it up.

This works 100% of the time!

Since I boat on the Mississippi River in Davenport, Iowa the boat hasn't got wet at all this year. It is no fun dodging railroad ties, tress, and facing 15 mile per hour current.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by LloydP View Post

The trailer is in the water so that aobut 6 inches of the fender is above the water. That doesn't seem to me to be too deep.
    Lloyd
    Lloyd You probably have already figured out the problem I have the exact same boat as you. I back the trailer fenders flush or 1 inch below the waters surface and have never had any problem with hitting the prop or riding up on the fenders. My 21V slides right on with ease and boat buddy locks right up. I'm in Fuquay and ride at Jordan all the time (Black and orange Launch 21V Only boat on the lake with two hydrofoils on the tower.) Look me up if your ever there we can compare the trailer bunk set ups. And of course we can do a little skiing too!!! Keith 919-868-2351
    Last edited by FoiltechLaunch21V; 06-16-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    2006 LAUNCH 21V

HARDCORE HYDROFOILING

Thanks Keith. I think we have the trailer loading issue under control now, but I have mangled a couple of Boat Buddys along the way!

We should definitely try to get together sometime - I would love to try the foil.

We are in the process of building a house at Kerr Lake, so we are starting to spend more time up there than at Harris. Mostly we are glad that there is water in the lakes this year!

Lloyd