Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

My weim loves the boat but we hate bringing him. He drinks gallons of water and then gets so excited that he pees (usually on someone.) When he's on the beach he's in and out of the boat on average 7 times/minute. There's always sand EVERYWHERE.

On top of that, if we let him "roam" our beach he is stealing peoples hot dogs or peeing on their beach towels. Or climbing on to their cabin cruisers and stealing food or climbing into their bed with his sandy paws.

He's the sweetest dog in the entire world and is very well behaved.... Until he gets on the boat or the beach!! Then he's a world-class JERK!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Good to know...luckily if we get a dog they can stay behind at the house while we run out on the boat for a little bit. I was curious how they like the water for when we are just hanging out at the house.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Here is my little boating buddy, he loves the boat and the water. He dances in circles anytime I hook up the boat to the truck.

I have several things I would like to do to my boat this winter and I would certainly appreciate any suggestions from all of you on specific products and the best way to proceed.

1 - Add a tower
    2 - Add a hydraulic/electric/????? wake-plate that can be adjusted other than manually
    3 - Add a perfect-pass or similar system
    4 - Fix what ever is wrong with my lousy inaccurate tach

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Good to know...luckily if we get a dog they can stay behind at the house while we run out on the boat for a little bit. I was curious how they like the water for when we are just hanging out at the house.
    Love my weim (which is just a slightly larger and greyer Vizsla.) He just isn't allowed to come out on the boat. I walk him down to the beach everyday for a swim, though.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Just be careful when trailering your boat with a pet. We lost our yellow lab trying to jump out of the boat when she was tethered to the tower. She'd ridden like that numerous times and for some strange reason she decided to jump out one afternoon. Sadly she got sucked under the trailer tire and passed in my arms a little while later. My heart was crushed and I was a blubbering fool for weeks...all because I didn't want her hair on my black interior. Next dog will be either in porta-kennel strapped in my truck bed or allowed inside. Please learn from my mistake!!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Sorry to her about your dog Kev. My buddy lost his dog just after vacation last summer.

For this winter if I ever get my other projects done, I have to make my garage door wider so I can get the boat inside, where it's pleasant to work and less frozen. Then of course the real projects... New rudder, pull engine to inspect and replace rear main seal and other gaskets to fix my oil leak, and add second bilge pump. Nothing crazy, just want to get caught up on maintenance for a trouble free summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Hey man, nice find on the houseboat. Stinks about the engine in the sunsport though. How's your Vizsla like the boat and the water? My wife and I are torn on dog breeds at the moment though the Vizsla is on my list at the moment.
    Copper loves the water and the boat!
    Similar to what wotan said though, in terms of the in/out side of things.
    But if its just myself and the g/f going to a cruise he's great.

As for the breed itself, we are very happy with him. My family had a german shorthaired pointer previously which was also a great dog, although we find the Vizsla to be a bit more owner oriented. The GSP would take off at the sight of any bird or rodent. Copper is a bit more reserved and will likely not leave your general vicinity regardless of what is going on.
    Hope that helps!
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"

well last winter i did new interior and carpet and stereo this winter im re-doing the dash to modernize and match the new interior. on the 86 comp. i have its all sriped down already and new guage bezzel made and new switch pannel just orederd my new guages and steering wheel today. and my dash pads are going to the upholstrey shop on monday. so hopfully ill have the project wraped up by end of january then hopfully im gonna get the tower speakers and interior led lights done before spring as well

Ok so I am now torn on which tower, I had told Donny I wanted the MT2 Monster tower, http://shop.monstertower.com/p-99-mt...ard-tower.aspx However now that the New Dimension tower was brought to my attention in another post I might call him back and see if he can get one of those for me. The cost is quite a bit more, but I think I like the style better. http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/ga..._Saltare.html#
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Personally - I like the look of the monster better -- Do you need to be able to fold it down for putting it away? I would talk to owners of both to see what they think about how hard/easy they are to put the tower down before deciding. At the end of the day, it's your choice - and it doesn't matter what "we" think looks better.

You will LOVE having a tower though ...
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.