Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how to lockout trailer brakes

I only have the 4 pin trailer wiring right now on my truck and am wondering if the trailer brakes can be locked out so i can back up to launch the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpsupra View Post
    I only have the 4 pin trailer wiring right now on my truck and am wondering if the trailer brakes can be locked out so i can back up to launch the boat?
    there should be a keyed little semi circle tab you put behind the surge breaks to stop them from engaging... At least both of mine had this it fits right behind the slide pin and is a mechanical stop

Tap into the reverse circuit on the trailer and run a 12 vlt source to it when backing.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

If you have the 4 pin flat, you can just reverse the plug when you want to back up. That will give power to pin 5 by being inserted into pin 2 which is your running lights.

good point, I've done that one also. That is we are all assuming you have a lockout solenoid.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

We probably need a picture of your tongue. Mine does not have a lock-out provision.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I assumed he had a lockout solenoid as he insinuates that he has something other than 4 pin on the trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    If you have the 4 pin flat, you can just reverse the plug when you want to back up. That will give power to pin 5 by being inserted into pin 2 which is your running lights.
    This, although I just plug the blue trailer pin into the brown truck pin and turn on my lights, this sends 12v to the back up solenoid in the trailer.

thanks for the suggestions. when i picked the boat up from the shop they had already put a nut in the trailer where the pin surges to engage the brakes.

This looks interesting. Look at the pictures, what I have is the thing with the crossed out red circle. I don't use it because I have a solenoid and wiring for it

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=120941559235

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.