Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jw1466 View Post
    I don't wash it near as often as I should, and it still had some water spots after I washed it, I will try it with some clr, hopefully that will get it.
    not sure if this is in response to my question...take a long screwdriver or something else like a rod and use it to clean your bonnet after every new section you buff. turn the buffer on and carefully draw the screwdriver (laid flat) across the bonnet like a needle on a record. compound will fling all over the place so watch out for that.

if you don't clean the bonnet you're dragging grime from one end of the boat to the other instead of removing it.

Yep, I hate to say it, but technique is what's getting you here.

Some good points made above. Clean pad regularly, make sure you polish to the point of no haze, sometimes it can take some time. That's a pretty good compound, if anything it should polish to almost no/light haze when done right. Your gelcoat doesn't look as bad as many others I've seen, so I don't think you need to go with a heavier grit. Just better technique.

I still haven't gotten around to trying it again (the boat is in my dads garage out of town) but if what others are suggesting doesn't work I'll be sure to have this as a backup. I'm beginning to think that the gelcoat isn't in bad enough shape for this compound.

I'm still new to this, how the hell do I reply to one particular post? When I try it just puts my post at the bottom of the page so no-one knows if I'm referring to their question or not.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jw1466 View Post
    I'm still new to this, how the hell do I reply to one particular post? When I try it just puts my post at the bottom of the page so no-one knows if I'm referring to their question or not.

Thanks!
    look for "Reply With Quote" along the bottom of the post you want to quote. when you click that the system will populate the reply box with that post and the user's name. type your reply below the text it posts.

100 degrees is way too hot. The compound is drying out before it works into the gel coat. Wait for a cooler morning before you try again.. You can try to add a small amount of water to the surface while polishing the compound in. Clean the pad and polish again the same area. A quarter or change will also work to clean the buffing pad.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....