Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Slalam Group?

Yeah I would need to find a few bags of cash. The nano is 1600 blank. I can't see it making that much of difference to justify that kind of money.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

even the middle of the road skis are running 600 inseason. Blank.

Luckily, the best time to look is end of Sept / Oct when all of the ski stuff goes out of season. Last year, I just happened by a shop in Richmond, VA to buy my DAD a pair of ski gloves b/c his hands always hurt. He's over 70 so I thought a nice pair of comfortable gloves would be a nice gift. I walked past the ski's running my fingers down the edge of a black ski ( not thinking much of it at the time ) walking towards the vests / gloves.

I picked up a pair of gloves and took them to the counter. The owner said, I can sell you that ski. . . .cheap. I said it would have to be real cheap, my wife is in the car and she would surely notice me walking out with a new stick after coming in for only gloves. The owner said, name your price. I double checked the ski length and boots to make sure they would fit, they are XL's and didn't even notice they were different. One basis, one attack. I said throw in a ski bag and I'll give you $ 299 for it.

And I moved to my next problem. . having to walk to the car with a new ski bag, ski tucked in and a bag with gloves in it looking at my wife's expression when I said, "Hey Hun, pop the trunk". It was an interesting conversation after that.
    Last edited by SupraLaunch21V; 08-30-2013 at 08:56 AM.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Ok I'll bite, what the hell did you buy all in for 299? I thought I got a screaming deal on my Senate (Blank) for 239.

239 for a Senate is a Very good deal. I've been watching ski-it-again and havent seen even a used 2011 for that price.
    1991 SunSport

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    Ok I'll bite, what the hell did you buy all in for 299? I thought I got a screaming deal on my Senate (Blank) for 239.
    $ 299 was a ski bag, 2012 Triumph with both boots. I think typically they were running about $ 600 with both boots in 2012. I'd like to try the Senate for sure.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC