Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The wifes birthday is the 17th of july so I will tell her we are celebrating early.

Im in for July 7 & 8, if you don't have a camper for the camp ground at Harrison park there is a new Holiday inn xpress and Marriott at exit 11 in Ooltewah.
    1990 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Loadup View Post
    Im in for July 7 & 8, if you don't have a camper for the camp ground at Harrison park there is a new Holiday inn xpress and Marriott at exit 11 in Ooltewah.
    Has the place been picked ? We will be camping should I set up reservations at Harrison Park?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Has the place been picked ? We will be camping should I set up reservations at Harrison Park?
    We will be using Harrison Bay State Park as home base. Ramps, parking, docks, campground, restaurant, pool, fuel, etc. You can't reserve in advance at the state park, but there's usually enough room unless you have specific requirements for a camping spot. I plan to go out Thursday and put my camper on a spot conducive to anchoring the boat. If you're coming in a tent, there'll be plenty of options throughout the campground. I'll be pulling some more details together soon, but for now, here are some links:

Google Map - http://g.co/maps/gywyx
    Harrison Bay State Park - http://tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/
    Hotels in Ooltewah, TN - http://www.hotelsone.com/united-stat...FQdN4AodVlFA9Q

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I'm in for July 7th an 8th, we will be bringing the boat, tent, cooler, beer, beer possibly some steak to grill out! Is this place usually more packed because it is going to be so close to July 4th?

Il be in a tent as long as there is a place to park the van and boat we will be fine . I see there is 3 sections where are you going to place the main event?

Wife doesn't camp. Holiday in Express it is. I might just sleep in the Pirata's Love shack. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Il be in a tent as long as there is a place to park the van and boat we will be fine . I see there is 3 sections where are you going to place the main event?
    There are actually four main camping sections. I have edited the park map with a red X in the approximate location that I'm going to try to get the camper and the boat. It may or may not work out. The area just below the red X that is shaped like a figure 8 is a spot dedicated to tent camping, although tents can camp anywhere throughout the campground.

Quote Originally Posted by suprasam View Post
    I'm in for July 7th an 8th, we will be bringing the boat, tent, cooler, beer, beer possibly some steak to grill out! Is this place usually more packed because it is going to be so close to July 4th?
    The summer is always a busy time, but I think we'll be okay because this is the weekend after the fourth. Who knows. It's hard to predict.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Well, as long as the schedule permits, we are in for the weekends that I noted earlier, she approved of the two dates. Prefer the second weekend in June though as the the July 7-8 starts to bump up against my trip to Michigan to meet up with Mapleleaf for a weekend.
    Where are you meeting at?? Perhaps a more northern get together for some of us. Love to go to the other one but that is a long haul for a boat and camper.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

There are some nice lakes in northern indiana.

If you would like to put somthing together further north.

I second the long drive im looking at 8 hours.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape