Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

can someone explain why people use $200 reversible pumps that have half the flow rate of a $50 pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    can someone explain why people use $200 reversible pumps that have half the flow rate of a $50 pump?
    http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=14074

here is an actual comparison that was done of various systems, I have the jabsco and verified my results on you tube as were some of the other mods......not promoting mine as it is my oem but will give you more info for your app. jesse has an awesome upgrade and what I would consider if mine was not comparable....I have an aux sub pum that I want install on my port side and see if it decreases fill times more but I have not had time to do this as I'm all ready getting the lowest fill times I have seen .

Really , fill times are usu all that are important unless you are going from goofy to reg for surfing in which case its a matter of fill and drain times,and are you set up to do this? ie can you separate left from right side completely?
    Last edited by docdrs; 03-19-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: pwi
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

docdrs, I'm going with all 3/4 because I do a lot of slaloming as well and I would like to be able to drain quickly also. I believe 3/4 is the standard size to fit on the pumps and most fittings anyway.

Thanks for the advice on taking the check valves out of the equation on the drain lines, anyone else have an opinion on this?

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    here is an actual comparison that was done of various systems, I have the jabsco and verified my results on you tube as were some of the other mods......not promoting mine as it is my oem but will give you more info for your app. jesse has an awesome upgrade and what I would consider if mine was not comparable....I have an aux sub pum that I want install on my port side and see if it decreases fill times more but I have not had time to do this as I'm all ready getting the lowest fill times I have seen .

Really , fill times are usu all that are important unless you are going from goofy to reg for surfing in which case its a matter of fill and drain times,and are you set up to do this? ie can you separate left from right side completely?
    Totally not trying to be rude...but is there actually an answer to my question contained in there somewhere, lol.

Are the quick disconnects really necessary for the bags I will be leaving in place? Or can I just not pay for those, buy these, screw them into the bags and connect the hose?

http://www.wakemakers.com/1-2-to-3-4...b-adapter.html

"Careful making blanket statements with the information we give you, our conversation regarding check valves vs. vented loops was specific to your setup, and certainly doesn't apply to all systems."

Good point, not trying to steer him in the wrong direction. I did mention he should give you guys a call to discuss the system.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Chris-

- As long as you have a ball valve attached directly to your thru-hull you don't need to use bronze (definitely don't use brass in a boat, it will corrode), and plastic is cheaper and lighter.

Jason,

What causes brass to corrode in a boat? I am not saying you are incorrect, just wanted to find out how this occurs? They sell "brass thru hull" fittings for boats. I had my manifold for two years in my Supra and never had any problems.

http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/eval-...86-217151.html
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Totally not trying to be rude...but is there actually an answer to my question contained in there somewhere, lol.
    Ptown.... was just putting more info into the differences not answering your question. realized I forgot to put the link in the post as well (pwi).

3 less pumps, no one way valves, 3 less sets of drain lines, no vented loops, less space required for pumps, and you will not get the same fill/drain times unless you go to 1" lines. Also in the timings a 3800 rule pump was being used to get down below the times I get. I can fill/drain at a rate of approx 100 lbs a minute per pump verified on video. Not sure what a 800 tsunami can do but I bet thru a 3/4" line its more like 30 percent slower. But I am hoping someone can prove me wrong. I found a mod that used the 1200 tsunami's on 1 inch intakes and 1 inch lines that is taking around 5 mins to fill a 750....thats fast and quicker than my jabscos.

So although the pumps are more money, you need less of them and less parts, so not sure how much cheaper the system really is.
    Last edited by docdrs; 03-19-2011 at 11:55 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Lightbulb

Heres a few facts about Aerator and Impeller pumps:

Reversible JABSCO (impeller driven) Pro's:
    Self-priming
    Only need one fill/drain line
    No one way check valve needed

Reversible JABSCO Con's:
    Impeller can need replacement
    Use more amps than aerator pumps (9-11 amps)
    Will burn up if run dry without water
    Slower fill/drain times

Aerator pumps Pro's:
    Faster fill times than Impeller pumps
    Bullet-proof, can run-dry
    Less cost
    Use less amps (3-4 amps)

Aerator pump Con's:
    Will not self prime (must be mounted below water line to create prime)
    Need two pumps to fill/drain
    Need more lines to fill/drain

Fill rates:
    Tsunami 1200 - 20 GPM (gallons per minute)
    Rule 1100 - 18 GPM
    Tsunami 800 - 13 GPM
    JABSCO - 640 GPH - 10 GPM
    JOHNSON Ultra - 720 - 12 GPM

These fill rates are approximate, times will vary depending on line lengths, elevation loss, etc.

My Malibu VLX I ordered uses Phiranha 800 aerator pumps to fill and drain the hard tanks. For me, I was very pleased Malibu did this because IMO longevity of these pumps will last longer than impeller pumps. Plus, replacing them is much cheaper.

However, Supra/Moomba/Mastercraft use the JABSCO pumps to fill and drain. Both will work fine, it just depends what you are looking for. I have heard the new "green" impellers for the JABSCO pumps are much better and will last longer.

Hopefully this information will get you going in the right direction.
    Last edited by Fman; 03-19-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Fman......... I'm curious to know ....did they use 1 inch fittings and lines and when ya get your new ride how fast those pumps fill......bet your getting itchy to get it on the water, great ya still visit us here

here are some times

T800.......3/4 scoop and line.....11.98 min....for 750 lbs
    T1200.......1" scoop and line......~5 min........750
    2000 gph..3/4 scoop and line......5.09 min........750
    3800 gph...1" scoop and line......2.99 min.......750
    jabsco.......1" scoop and line......8.06 min.......750..........yellow impeller
    Last edited by docdrs; 03-19-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug