Hybrid View

No soft spots in the floor? Personally I would do a couple other major items before I painted her lol like dual battery with SurePower seperator relay, board racks, mirror and ballast. Ballast project can get spendy quick. Lots of parts add up. I mean naturally if its in the budget, all those things are gonna look SIICK! Personally I've gotta play it pretty tight. Stereo bumps but I worked to keep the price down a lot. Lookin good!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    No soft spots in the floor? Personally I would do a couple other major items before I painted her lol like dual battery with SurePower seperator relay, board racks, mirror and ballast. Ballast project can get spendy quick. Lots of parts add up. I mean naturally if its in the budget, all those things are gonna look SIICK! Personally I've gotta play it pretty tight. Stereo bumps but I worked to keep the price down a lot. Lookin good!
    Yeah there is 2 soft spots that need fixed, I think im just going to redo the entire floor since Ive got it this far! I bought board racks and wake surf rack + new wakeskate and wake surf boards which I keep near my computer to motivate me over the winter to get this project done!

Oh and epoxy boards (inland surfer, phase5) will fit in most standard board racks but foam boards (LF custom, Shred Stixx, etc) will only fit in dedicated surf rack.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Default interior

So what are your plans for the interior ballast and such. I like the wood they used on these boats your scrapping yours? Maybe you could send it to me especially the teak over the window frame I think that's pretty sweet. I'd like to varnish all the teak on my boat and then get a wrap that looks like wood panelling on the older vehicles, maybe get one of those grand wagoneers for it to roll behind.

Quote Originally Posted by rustey View Post
    So what are your plans for the interior ballast and such. I like the wood they used on these boats your scrapping yours? Maybe you could send it to me especially the teak over the window frame I think that's pretty sweet. I'd like to varnish all the teak on my boat and then get a wrap that looks like wood panelling on the older vehicles, maybe get one of those grand wagoneers for it to roll behind.
    Yeah I think your idea would be pretty cool actaully, As far as the teak im putting it on ebay and if it sells to someone that needs it great, IF not then ill put it up in the rafters of the garage or give it to someone for the cost of shipping, AS far as interior ballasts Ive been doing some research and plan on plumbing one into the rear locker and after I tear the floor up Ill see what I can do under there Along with up under the front storage areas! Im basically just playing it by day and with our newborn im lucky to work on it once a week!

I hear ya, I'd like to add a tower and some ballast but i've got a kid on the way and too many unfinished projects. I'll have to wait and see how things go. Good luck keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by rustey View Post
    I hear ya, I'd like to add a tower and some ballast but i've got a kid on the way and too many unfinished projects. I'll have to wait and see how things go. Good luck keep us posted.
    I'm living your story!!!! 6 months into the boats interior (not done), 2 yrs on a bathroom (not done), and a boat load of painting!!!!! Spending time with my kid still the best thing going!!!!!!
    90 Conbrio

Well I tore up the floor and turns out i will be separating the hull!Pics have been placed in the repairs Section if interested

Last edited by dshaff24; 01-30-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Seems like you opened a huge can of worms. At least when completed the boat will brand new other than the gel coat. It was this thread that got me moving to get my Supra ship shape. I just hope tand pray he dammage is not to the extent of yours.

Keep up the good work, the open water is waiting for you!!!

to be honest with you all, Summer is coming fast and Im worried about painting this boat so Ive been trying to come up with some kind of scheme that I could pull off with the factory blue, Since I just dropped off the window framing to get it powdercoated black and the windows just got tinted 20 percent, I was looking at misc pics on the net and Im thinking of powdercoating the tower black, I all ready orderd black carpet, I might have to change up my whole interior if I do it this way to a darker shade of white and maybe black and light blue stripes and say Remove that old rainbow stripe and still add the newer supra swoosh that is in the back of 05ish launches with maybe a black and light blue line that follows where the old Ugly stripe is!

My brain has been going through options like crazy because there is nothing better then backing your boat down the ramp and firing your boat up for the first time of the season!!

Now i removed my front stainless hand rails and plan to come up with some kind of fillers. When I was going to paint it that was easy but if I don't paint it and just buff it im looking into some kind of flat cap with nut on bottom, Ill burn that bridge soon!

My biggest problem with this boat is how yellowish white the interior gel coat is, No matter what happens im not having that so im still looking into painting it but just the inside a lighter white even if its the same shade as the outside white!

So many things to think about in so little time! I still haven't picked out exactly what guages I want but Im hoping they don't need any kind of new sending units!

So what do you think of the windows tinted, window frame powdercoated black, tower powdercoated black, black steering wheel either aftermarket or oem 87+. new rear swoosh logo's with a light blue and black stripe that would mock the rainbow one just smaller,

This is my new idea so what do you think? Im going to do what ever I want but like before I just like ideas or if it sounds stupid what would you change? When this boat is done I know no matter what I do its going to be sweet! I got a ton of brain storming into it!
    Last edited by dshaff24; 04-16-2010 at 12:18 AM.