Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

A member individually messaged me and asked how much the material for the upholstery cost me so here is my response for anyone else who may wonder how much supplies will run.

"I have a rough estimate, but I made so many trips to the store for little things that its hard to say for certain. I bought all of my upholstery at Joann's Fabrics and I would only purchase vinyl when they had a coupon for "50% off one regular priced item." I got lucky, and due to misinformation and them sticking to their word, I got 60% off of my biggest vinyl and cushion foam purchase. Keep in mind that I haven't purchased the vinyl to do my open bow yet and up until this point I have about $750-850 in the upholstery and foam with coupons. That would be around $1,500-1,700 without coupons. I predict that I will be spending, another $150 (with coupons) on the open bow cushions.

To summarize, If you plan on buying from a local store, make sure to download that Joann's Fabrics apps. If you use 50% off coupons at Joann's then you're looking at $2,000 if you're redoing an open bow."

Curious what sewing machine you used? I scanned the thread and don't think you mentioned it, but I may have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Curious what sewing machine you used? I scanned the thread and don't think you mentioned it, but I may have missed it.
    I used a Singer 319W that I picked up for $150. The the thing is a tank. I was made in the 50’s and will go through 5 layers of vinyl. You can’t use the really thick thread or do as large of spacing as you could with a newer walking foot machine, but I’m happy with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After resolving a few issues on the engine I went to make sure the transmission ran as desired and found that reverse didn’t work. I pulled the tranny and found that the reverse clutch plates were destroyed. Replaced the clutch plates, cleaned out the whole tranny, and cleaned the pump of debris. After reconnect the tranny, it ran great!!

For anyone having issues with reverse, Don’t worry. The repair is very simple. You will need a set of 12 point bolt sockets the rebuild kit and that’s all. If reverse is your only issue, there is no need to pull the 3.5” bearing at the mouth of the tranny. If you want to do a full overhaul / rebuild then you will need to pull the 3.5” bearing in which may require taking it to a machine shop.

w

Nice job on getting reverse back.

Question on your step through in the back seat and sun deck. I thought I remembered that you had some detail posted around how you created the step and wrapped your vinyl around it before putting the EVA on it, but I can't find anything on it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Nice job on getting reverse back.

Question on your step through in the back seat...
    Sorry for the late reply. For the EVA foam pad on the back I sanded down a board, wrapped it in vinyl wrap, put a bead of silicon on the outer edge of the bottom and screwed it down.

Rebuild the carb and found quite a bit of crud in he secondary bowl.
    IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg

SHE LIVES!!!!! Now to name her!

boat looks awesome man, good job!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!