Default Replace oil bath hub protective cap

My steel cap/observation window has a small crack that is leaking a little oil on my oil bath hub. I'm sure water is getting in as well. I sealed it with a little red RTV and added oil to the hub which got me to the lake for 2 days. Heading to Powell and don't feel like getting stranded on the side of the road.

What's the best way to remove and replace these? I was thinking of just tapping it loose with a rubber mallet and replace the same way with some red locktite.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Payaso2 View Post
    My steel cap/observation window has a small crack that is leaking a little oil on my oil bath hub. I'm sure water is getting in as well. I sealed it with a little red RTV and added oil to the hub which got me to the lake for 2 days. Heading to Powell and don't feel like getting stranded on the side of the road.

What's the best way to remove and replace these? I was thinking of just tapping it loose with a rubber mallet and replace the same way with some red locktite.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks
    Call boatmate and ask for Jerry, he will help you out. They have great customer service there.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV