Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Instant Replay

As the ad states, "Attention to Detail." I think that is what the guy is doing.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Here's some pics of towers that would look good on your legacy. I think the last one shown on the Saltare would look best as it has a little more swoop.
    Probably same tower they show in brochure on Launch.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    As the ad states, "Attention to Detail." I think that is what the guy is doing.

Hahaha indeed, sunglass guy most certainly does appear to be enjoying the great looks and luxurious appointments of that…. boat.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

My original reply last week never posted so thought I’d try again. Thanks for the tower and brochures. It’s very fun to see these, kind of hit me with that that thrill of a new purchase and pride in having something great - albeit, Supras have evolved just a little since the time of the brochure and my model year. But I’m fine with manual gauges and physical switches, to be honest I prefer them. I get enough screen time at work. Anyway, thanks again for the info and comments on this thread. And I agree with the swoop tower, though I have been thinking more about not adding one. Do they make the boat seem more cramped? I’ve never been in a boat with a tower but I do like the feeling of being out and open on the water. Seems like a safer alternative to motorcycling. Also my barn clearance is 9.5 feet which is probably slightly low unless I want to play the up and down game. Maybe. Just excited to get out there again and see how she’s running and sounding after the exhaust work. But we’re a ways off - it’s a nasty one weather wise here in MN.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

Cool purchase. I learned to wakeboard behind a similar vintage Supra. Manual gauges and switches are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JBreezy View Post
    ...Do they make the boat seem more cramped? I’ve never been in a boat with a tower but I do like the feeling of being out and open on the water...
    If all you do is short cruises then yes you lose some of the open feeling.

If you want to add a bimini to stay out longer or take people boarding/surfing then the tower sets you free from clutter. Tower speakers will let your stereo come alive (even if you don't break the bank and play it loud enough for the whole lake to hear).

There's a reason so many boats including i/o's have towers. They are very helpful if you use the boat in those ways.
    Last edited by Salty87; 12-24-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    Cool purchase. I learned to wakeboard behind a similar vintage Supra. Manual gauges and switches are the way to go.

If all you do is short cruises then yes you lose some of the open feeling.

If you want to add a bimini to stay out longer or take people boarding/surfing then the tower sets you free from clutter. Tower speakers will let your stereo come alive (even if you don't break the bank and play it loud enough for the whole lake to hear).

There's a reason so many boats including i/o's have towers. They are very helpful if you use the boat in those ways.
    Thanks, Salty87, for the insight, I do appreciate your thoughts. And nice job on the saltare resto, I looked through the thread in your signature. Very impressive. I don't know how some guys are capable of this sort of work while others of us max out our man cards changing oil. But it's cool nonetheless.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

Quote Originally Posted by JBreezy View Post
    Hello all - Mostly just an intro here because it seems like we could use some new blood. I bought my first inboard this spring, it is a 2002 Legacy which my research on this forum informed me that it is a bit of an anomaly. For that one year, the Legacy shared a hull with the Sunsport but has a walkthrough bow instead of a playpen. Traditionally the Legacy was the open bow comp, which of course is an awesome boat as well.

Attachment 19470

No tower on this bad boy, but I'll likely be adding one in the next year or two depending on how my kids take to wake boarding. This year we used it mostly as a family cruiser but with some tubes and some pulling a full size ocean surfboard because that's what I have.. Next year we'll invest in some more toys.

Attachment 19472

Bought it with 130 hours.. I know some are scared by that low number on an 18 year old boat, but honestly seems to be in great shape. Compression is good... finish is not perfect but definitely don't need to replace anything anytime soon. One major issue so far is that when I was having it winterized my dealer told me that the exhaust and pipes were severely burned due to an impeller failure at some point in the boats history.. So getting that stuff fixed was not cheap. But hoping this was the worst of the unexpected surprises. 15K on Craigslist. What do you guys think?

Attachment 19471
    Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me, as long as there are no major problems. The prices for new boats these days are insane, out of my reach. So if you can find a decent one at a decent price, even if it needs a bit of work, seems like a good purchase.

Very Nice Boat love it