Default 2017 SG with AutoWake

Just bought a 2017 SG 450 with the autowake feature has anyone used this yet? Just wondering how well it works? Should I try to put bigger bags in the back? Seems like well equipt loaded boat hope the weight is enough.

I would think part of the benefit of the auto wake would be not having to weight or list the boat as much. Don't have experience with it, but that would be my expectation.

Congratulations on your purchase. Post some pics so we can see it..

Quote Originally Posted by noodle15 View Post
    Just bought a 2017 SG 450 with the autowake feature has anyone used this yet? Just wondering how well it works? Should I try to put bigger bags in the back? Seems like well equipt loaded boat hope the weight is enough.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

The auto feature is new, so you will probably hear and read more this spring.

Even with the new SA/SE owners, some are adding custom bags to the back to max out the weight. Guess the difference would be good and great wakes. More weight - more push.

One would think on a 100k boat, but you always have a dial in process to learn what works best.

You should be good to go, but I will bet after one summer you will be adding to make it better.

Great boat.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Yeah I hope that the boat itself will be enough but we will have to see. We are coming from a 2016 Mondo that we added larger bags to and it was a great boat and fun for surfing but I expected way more with it being a Surf Edition. I will post some pics once we finalize the process. Still trying to wait and see if I can sell the Mondo Outright before a trade in.

New boat to new boat / 16 to17 - why the switch?
    That SG 450 will be awesome, but that is a big jump in $$.

So when we started looking the first boat we test drove was SG and it was sweet. But couldnt afford at the time. We made a move and got into something, started surfing and love it so we went to the boat show with no intent on buying anything. Wife saw it and said lets do it. Hard part is getting over the loss on the Mondo. But its life you only live once.

The extra room, wake, motor, fit/finish, and handling. Awesome.

There are a few people on here go the boat show not intending to buy a boat/jetski/??? THEN it happens.
    Mondo vs SG450 - anyone from the Moomba site would make that move.

Post some pics of the boat and your adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle15 View Post
    Autowake works great and the surf wave and wakeboard wakes will be great in stock trim. However, there is no replacement for displacement.
    Upgrade the rears to the wakemakers Enzo sacs. Making this change will obviously make your wake better but will also give Autowake more room to work with in regards to moving ballast around.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    I would think part of the benefit of the auto wake would be not having to weight or list the boat as much. Don't have experience with it, but that would be my expectation.

Congratulations on your purchase. Post some pics so we can see it..
    Autowake doesn't help you run the boat with less weight or change the listing of he boat.
    It simply moves weight around in the boat automatically to keep the optimum pitch and roll of the boat to achieve your ideal wake/wave.

For example I ride goofy and like the wave when my boat is at 7 degrees pitch and -6 degrees roll. Autowake has those settings set into my profile and will monitor and maintain that attitude of the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet looking surf wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGwWulG2mY

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400