Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I'd say $9000 would be about in the right area for that boat.
    Hitting something aside, does the 350 vs the 454 add or lower the value? Also, would there be any power concerns with the 350?
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    Hitting something aside, does the 350 vs the 454 add or lower the value? Also, would there be any power concerns with the 350?
    Well in those boats, it could be either. My boat's 454 is rated at 330 horsepower. The 351w is rated at 240. A very noticeable difference in my boat. So the 454 would be the standard and a 351w would be a value loss.

But, in this boat the 350 is rated at 325hp. The 454 is rated at 395hp. While the 454 is more HP, the 350 is still right there with my 454. And will have better gas mileage and lower weight. While most want more weight, that's when you can control it (ballast). Overall weight is not desired.

So essentially the lower end motor is still up there in performance of my big motor. So you could have the bigger motor, and I'm betting that would make this boat LAUNCH!!! Or the smaller motor with the 325hp. My boat with 330hp still gets up pretty quick.

In short, I don't think it lowers the value. But you can show that it is the smaller motor and work that to your negotiations.

I think the smaller motor being fuel injected will make it worth more than an older boat with a carb'd big block. I'd rather have the smaller FI engine, anyway.

I second what these guys say about the entire back end being replaced. Check the rudder -- if they hit something hard enough to mess up the transmission, I doubt the rudder is OK.

Of course, maybe they were just running a SS prop and hit a dead head and they've fixed everything that was broken/suspect. It wouldn't be a complete deal breaker for me -- it sounds like they've done the repair and as long as she doesn't leak from the rudder and the rudder doesn't have excess play, you should be fine.

AFAIK, the Saltare is the same lower hull as the Launch 24SSV always used. So you know, that with the right ballast, wakeplate settings and configuration it can throw a very decent wakeboard wake and a great surf wake. On mine, the wakeplate makes all the difference in the world and if this ones has a hydraulic one that would be best. Does it?

I paid $868 for a cover from SkiBoatCovers.com that is custom made for my boat, Sunbrella and with custom tower cut-outs. I couldn't find anything locally for double that.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.