Hybrid View

good points. I do worry about getting a smooth pan, that's the big unknown! Rust no problem though, if I do it I'll have it powder coated after I test it.

I know this thread is kind of dead but I feel I must lend my 2 cents. I have never used a better camera than my GoPro for this type of stuff. I have mounted to my roommates boat, my board, a pole shooting out behind the boat, a pole going under the water, etc.

I agree with the above. I've mounted the GoPro on my rope about 5 feet in front of me, upside down. There are so many mounting options and you can get really creative. Even better? Have a friend that has one too for multiple angles!

Quote Originally Posted by ruby23m View Post
    I agree with the above. I've mounted the GoPro on my rope about 5 feet in front of me, upside down. There are so many mounting options and you can get really creative. Even better? Have a friend that has one too for multiple angles!
    Or for 3D!

The GOPRO is fun. Get the HD one with the highest resolution. We also use the Kodak Playsport camera. Takes excellent 720P that kicks my gopro footage. Has excellent image stabilization and is waterproof to 3' ( at least in a boat its splash resistant). You can handhold and walk around the boat and image is smooth. Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    good points. I do worry about getting a smooth pan, that's the big unknown! Rust no problem though, if I do it I'll have it powder coated after I test it.
    I am working on a mount for the GoPro that will sit on top of the tower mount or on the skipole mount and as the rope turns the nylon piece it will turn the mount... auto pan style!