Default 2020 SA450 pulls hard right and engine whine loud as hell

Hey All,

I just recently sold my 05 launch 24ssv and picked up a new to me 2020 SA450 with 30 hours.So a few things I have going are,

Right out of the gate I noticed the raptor motor is extremely loud and has this very annoying whine noise that gets louder as you throttle up. does anyone else have this issue?

second the thing pulls HARD right when underway. Let go of the wheel at any speed and it just tears the wheel to the right. when you hold the wheel straight and get on it the boat gets all squirrley.

third which the dealer says is normal is the loud harsh engagement of reverse. seems like the trans and drive are going to come apart when kicking it into reverse.

curious if this is just how the new boats are or is this something I need to have addressed under warranty.

Thanks!!

I have a 21 SL. Whine is a little loud IMO. But not uncomfortably so. I have some sound dampening material I am.installing on the tranny cover. Will let you know if it helps.

The hard pull to the right is not normal. Check that the tabs are all the way up. You may have a surf tab engaged. Your starboad ballast may not be empty either. If not one of those two things get it checked out. Many members here have more experience than I do...they may have other ideas.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Does the rudder have any trim tabs on the trailing edge of the rudder? I know that is a thing on some boats and might be worth checking out.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

yeah I ordered some Dynamat to line the covers to try and help as well. should be here in a couple days. I called supra direct and they asked if my boat has a list to the starboard side with everything empty, which it does. they mentioned having the software updated to the 2021 software because they had issues with the 2020 software on the SA boats. of course my dealer is 2+ hours away.....thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanCarr20 View Post
    yeah I ordered some Dynamat to line the covers to try and help as well. should be here in a couple days. I called supra direct and they asked if my boat has a list to the starboard side with everything empty, which it does. they mentioned having the software updated to the 2021 software because they had issues with the 2020 software on the SA boats. of course my dealer is 2+ hours away.....thanks for the input!
    I had some similar issues as you are describing with my 2020 SL450 and it turned out my rudder was out of specs.

Default 2020 SA 450 Constantly Pulls Right. Any Solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanCarr20 View Post
    Hey All,

I just recently sold my 05 launch 24ssv and picked up a new to me 2020 SA450 with 30 hours.So a few things I have going are,

Right out of the gate I noticed the raptor motor is extremely loud and has this very annoying whine noise that gets louder as you throttle up. does anyone else have this issue?

second the thing pulls HARD right when underway. Let go of the wheel at any speed and it just tears the wheel to the right. when you hold the wheel straight and get on it the boat gets all squirrley.

third which the dealer says is normal is the loud harsh engagement of reverse. seems like the trans and drive are going to come apart when kicking it into reverse
    curious if this is just how the new boats are or is this something I need to have addressed under warranty.

Thanks!!
    Just what to bump this to see if there was a solution to the right pull. I have that too.