Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
If only one side exhaust manifold fitting melted you may be ok. What does the other look like ? Running dry could have trashed the impeller, but if no water went thru it shouldn’t have made its way to the tranny cooler. Pull your block plugs and see if any water made its way into the motor. The ideal time to change the oil is during winterization. Check your exhaust to muffler rubber pipes to see if they are rigid and didn’t soften up if overheated.
Update now that I've had some time to get back into this.. so it ended up that there is some more serious damage unfortunately. I had to replace all four manifold fittings and was able to take it back to the lake and fire it up. Engine was getting water but I discovered that the fiberglass on the muffler took too much heat and has damage. took the muffler off and looked at the damage (pictures below).

Couple questions:
1. Do you think it'll be possible to trim the end connections and push the hoses further onto the end to get to some solid fiberglass?
2. Has anyone tried to repair the fiberglass on these hose connections?
3. If I can't repair the fiberglass I'll probably do a muffler delete and a FAE setup. Has anyone had experience with these and are they worth the money?

IMG_6629.jpg
IMG_6630.jpg